IGNORED

Looking to Rent A Bike Trailer - L.A. to Seattle - to Haul Bikes

lopaca

A buddy of mine and I are going to ride to Prudhoe Bay this summer. We are looking to rent a trailer to haul his 04GSA and my 07 RT up to Seattle where we are meeting another rider. The trailer will be stowed at our buddie's house in Seattle (Kent actually).

We will ride our bikes from Seattle and back and then trailer the bikes back down to L.A.

We will be leaving for Seattle on July 11 and should be back around July 25, hopefully.

If anyone is interested in having their trailer bring in a rent check we would really appreciate it. We will insure it and work out a deposit amount.

Any inputs would be appreciated. No we are not going to buy our own - 1. we are too cheap, 2. we have nowhere to store and 3. we are too cheap.

Thanks again.

John, Northeast Florida
When I picked up my last BMW,I used this trailer with built in ramp.It hauled my GS for 5 hours from Riverside area up over the Grapevine to Fresno with no problems.

Think it could easily load 2 bikes.

http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.aspx?equipment=opentrailer-5x9

Yes,I know,shame on me for trailering,but I really had no other

options.

JR356

At least if you said you were trailering an RT, GT, LT, R, ST, S, etc. maybe I would've passed on the comment, but a GS. Be careful as I may link this thread to ADVRIDER and the wrath of thousands would descend upon you. Yeah, and like we're gonna believe the no other options, right!

I have used that specific Uhaul in the past, it is a bit heavy for it's size, but pulls well. I am not sure that it would hold 2 bikes though?

Anyway, I can relate to the dilemma of trailering a BMW, but sometimes when we go on vacation, the wife is not up for riding the 4-6 hours to get where we are going, so I made my own, but sold it with the bike, and use a truck now, so I can sail along at the normal speed limit. In California, it would never fail to get stopped, but just warned to slow down!

I just hate to go anywhere without the bike, so when the wife wants to go shopping, or hang out with friends or family, off I go on a new adventure!

I am sure they would let you "Test fit" the bikes first.

And geez I miss the RS, it is like an art piece, but a very heavy art piece!

4375.thumb.jpg.9c9004eba50e8ca662c3301b52242e5a.jpg

When I picked up my last BMW,I used this trailer with built in ramp.It hauled my GS for 5 hours from Riverside area up over the Grapevine to Fresno with no problems.

Think it could easily load 2 bikes.

http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.aspx?equipment=opentrailer-5x9

Yes,I know,shame on me for trailering,but I really had no other

options.

JR356

At least if you said you were trailering an RT, GT, LT, R, ST, S, etc. maybe I would've passed on the comment, but a GS. Be careful as I may link this thread to ADVRIDER and the wrath of thousands would descend upon you. Yeah, and like we're gonna believe the no other options, right!

I know,I have to hang my head in shame every time I post on ADV.

But I really did try!

Anyway the trailer mentioned is easy loading due to the built in ramp and the floor was a series of channels that keeps the tires in place.

4 tiedowns and I was off and running,never even had to retension the load,despite our wonderful CA roads.

JR356

You can call Kendall (they mfg bike trailers) in Anaheim and ask them who rents their trailers. They have a list of several shops that rent them out. But you'll be paying for down time while the trailer sits in Seattle. Renting a full size pickup may be something to consider.

markgoodrich

lopaca, you're posting your request in the wrong forum. ALL Harley riders have trailers, find a forum for them and post there. [We went to Big Bend Park last weekend, from Austin, only 450 miles, met up with 8 other couples, all with Harleys or clones. Yep, every single one trailered out there].

Archived