IGNORED

Having problems installing Suburban Machine peg lowering kit

cali_beemer

cali_beemer

So i got my suburban machine peg lowering kit. I went in the gargae to install them, thinking that this should be realtively simple. So I popped one peg off (the brake side) to put the adaptor on. For starters the adaptor marked right doesnt jive with the picture. If I try using the one labeled left then the hole for the return spring is on the opposite side, then not allowing me to put the pin through and the pring not hitting the grooved area. I am baffled of they gave the wrong ones. I can take the peg on and off just fine but just about any way I put these adaptors, there is something not right. Did anyone else have issues? This should be a no brainer, do it in your sleep task. If get the adator on like in the picture then the springs dont go on. I am baffled. If this is the way its designed then its really bad engineering. I looked at the peg and then at the adaptor. The hole for the spring on the peg is to the front, while on the adaptor they are to the back, so I know i am not just delusional but I can see why they dont go on. Can anyone help?

I installed them on my 09 in about 30 min...no problem. You do have to take off the metal collar that helps locate the footpeg rubber. If you don't, you will never get the pivot pin in. If its that difficult, maybe they gave you the wrong ones...passenger pegs perhaps?

Call them....toll free

Suburban Machinery Inc.

37127 Ben Hur Ave.

Willoughby, Ohio 44094

Phone 1-800-297-1341

They are delightful people who will help you. I've put a number of sets on without a problem other than on a couple where the sidestand made contact when folding up. Took a little grinding to clear.

I'm with Mike, but I think it took me closer to 45 minutes. As I recall, the instructions were correct, and very straight forward. I have an ST, but I think the set up is the same.

Good luck,

Archived