IGNORED

mixit vs Autocom

dave_albany

dave_albany

I am thinking of trashing the autocom and al of its cords(including the big coil thing) My only goal is to connect the Zumo and my V1 to earbuds. So do I still really need all of that Autocom stuff?

Dave in Albany

If you ride alone (no pillion) and don't want to 2-way radio other bikes in a group ride, then you are just squandering a comm systems reason for being.

John Bentall

If you ride alone (no pillion) and don't want to 2-way radio other bikes in a group ride, then you are just squandering a comm systems reason for being.

...and you don't want to use a cellphone.

I have both the Mix-It sand Autocom. I use a permanent Autocom setup on my GS and the Mix-It on my Victory cruiser. I use both with my Ipod and Garmin 2610 GPS. Both work perfectly for the functions I use. If you do not need any kind of talk or intercom ability the Mix-It is hard to beat. It comes with priority and isolated inputs and isolated power connection so there are no additional parts to buy, in my case.

I have both the Mix-It sand Autocom. I use a permanent Autocom setup on my GS and the Mix-It on my Victory cruiser. I use both with my Ipod and Garmin 2610 GPS. Both work perfectly for the functions I use. If you do not need any kind of talk or intercom ability the Mix-It is hard to beat. It comes with priority and isolated inputs and isolated power connection so there are no additional parts to buy, in my case.

Assume "priority" mean that it's possible to priorize the radar detector to override whatever else the device is being used for at the time?....

Archived