IGNORED

Point Reyes Ride Report

eej1

We had one of those really nice days here in the San Francisco area, and I was fortunate to be able to get out on the bike and ride around. Destination, Point Reyes National Seashore. And I got to try a Scala Rider Q2 headset. It worked really well as a bike to bike communicator, adding a new twist to riding. Riding has always been a bit of quiet time, with no need to talk to anybody, so I wasn’t real sure how I would like it, but it was good. So here are some pics:

Chimney Rock was our destination, a nice 2 mile round trip walk to the south west tip of Point Reyes.

DSC05132.jpg

Lots of different kinds of flowers.

DSC05125.jpg

DSC05115-1-1.jpg

The seals were really enjoying the warm sun on the beach. I can relate.

DSC05123.jpg

DSC05137.jpg

Here is a shot of Stinson Beach. A bit far away, but it shows us humans are not that much different than the seals.

DSC05143-2.jpg

And one of my favorite roads of the day, Ridgecrest Blvd near Mount Tamalpais. A great escape from all the cars on Hiway 1. Almost as many two wheelers as four wheels.

DSC05139.jpg

Great weather, fantastic roads, incredible scenery, and capped off with a cold beer at Smitty’s in Sausalito, a dive bar I used to hang out in. This was a good day!

skinny_tom (aka boney)

"This or video has been moved or deleted."

I'm sure the pictures are nice, but I can't see them!

The Bovine is a bakery. You can get a nice pastry and a cup of coffee (as long as it's black or you like cream and sugar).

Easily one of the great places to sit on the sidewalk and enjoy the morning while chatting with friends.

Archived