IGNORED

What are my options for mounting a 2610 on a 2002 R1150RT

Dans08

I have a Garmin 2610 and would like to mount it on my R1150RT.

I will also be using a locking cradle for the GPS unit similar to if not most likely the MvG locking mount for Touratech.

http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?SKU=065-0064&-session=touratech:D8FFAB6B0a35114BBEiuy11EA18C

I need to find a way to mount this and I don't think I want to use a shelf plate. What options do I have?

Dan

Bill_Walker

The absolute best option, in my opinion, is the Gadget Guy mount. Pricey, but worth it.

My bike originally had the standard BMW fork-top mount for the Navigator II (Garmin 2610, basically). I didn't like this because I had to look down too far to see it, and it got in the way of flipping my tank bag up for fill-ups.

I tried a BMR shelf. This put the GPS too close for me to read with my graduated-lens glasses. And it vibrated a lot.

Now I have the GG mount and I'm a happy camper. I won't say it doesn't vibrate, but it's rarely so much that I can't see what I need to see. And it puts the unit very close to the windshield.

Dans08,

I had my Zumo installed with a mix of RAM arms and mount. It cluttered my handlebars to the point of getting me pissed off and so I did a search on ebay and came up with a GadgetGuy mount on sale from BMW Motorcycles of North County. Rather than buying through ebay, I gave them a call at 760-520-1288 and had it shipped. The mount was 89 plus 12 for S&H. I ordered a couple other items to make the most of the S&H. The mount is rock solid, no noticeable vibration. I believe they had at least 1 more mount so you may want to give them a call.

a

hawksproducts.com has an awesome gps mount for up in your field of view. Worked awesome on my '02 WITH A 2610 til I sold it.

Hi,

Might want to consider the non MVG mount.

Some feel there is too much movement with the MVG cushions,

especially with heavier units,such as the 2xxx series.

JR356

Archived