IGNORED

HELP !!! Leaking Fork Seal

litigator

Here I am, 700 miles from home (long day for me), with 2300 to go in the next week, and the left fork in my R1150RT is squirting fork oil on the tupperware and even the left mirror. Of course, it's Saturday night, and the dealers are cloed until Tuesday. Should I ride it? All the way home or just until Tuesday? Can I do anything in the mean time? HELP!!!

The fork oil is just for tube lubrication not damping. The telelever takes care of the front suspension. You have more to worry from the oil getting on the tires. I had a seal blow on an R1100RS once and had to ride it almost 600 miles. Wrap a rag and stop every so often and wring it out. Keep your speed down and you shouldn't have any problems.

The fork oil is just for tube lubrication not damping. The telelever takes care of the front suspension. You have more to worry from the oil getting on the tires. I had a seal blow on an R1100RS once and had to ride it almost 600 miles. Wrap a rag and stop every so often and wring it out. Keep your speed down and you shouldn't have any problems.
+1

Almost all the damage that can happen already has. Just ride safely and fix it when you get home. :thumbsup:

Archived