IGNORED

Rear fender holes on a new 09RT

holes

for the fender extender

search a bit and you'll find the part# and pictures of the install.

I bought one - adds a place for reflective decals and when you ride on wet mud roads the crud leaks down from the fender and leaves an ugly streak. waste of money.

What are the two holes in the rear plastic fender for below the license plate?

Very happy with my fender extender. Protects my top box from being sprayed with dirt water. Stylish as well.

16659, there are actually 3 holes back there.. The top (hexagon shaped) is for the screw to retain the plastic sliding lower fender extender.. As mentioned by Tony the lower two are for different shaped plates (mainly European use)..

Twisty

How about a BMW part number for a suitable roundel? The roundels I'm familiar with have an adhesive backing meant for cars' wheel center caps. Is there one with some kind of threaded center post?

Pocahontas John

+1 for a picture of fender extention. I have tried to order one but dealer can't find it. Any part # available

How about a BMW part number for a suitable roundel? The roundels I'm familiar with have an adhesive backing meant for cars' wheel center caps. Is there one with some kind of threaded center post?

Chicago BMW has the parts (or can order them) at 20% discount..

71607694184 rear fender extension

46-61-7-677-527 Flanged Cap Screw (M5X12)

07-11-9-903-070 Hex nut

Twisty

I got my two parts from BMW of Santa Cruz in AUgust 2007. You would now have to go to Wunderlich America and see if these are still available. On the invoice, the first field was labeled "Part Number", second field was labeled "Src", the third field was labeled "Cat", the fourth field was labeled "Description"

4601002 MY ACC Emblem Holder

51142328269 BM BHP Roundel Tank K12-R12

The fender extension, which I have but could not install because of the Roundel, is BMW part number:

71-60-7-694-184 and it listed for $27 in December 2007.

I am willing to sell mine if anyone is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the picture of the one I installed this a.m.

It literally took me more time to find the right torx wrench that it did to install it.

4390.jpg.f39dd1a3dfecc372bafb6a19e4c5d8e9.jpg

It literally took me more time to find the right torx wrench that it did to install it.

I have an 07RT. Where do I get one? Do you have the link?

you can also add the additional BMW LED tail/brake light.

Do you have a link to this? Never heard of it, interested to see what it looks like!

Try your local dealer to see if he will order for you.. If not then Chicago BMW has the parts (or can order them) at 20% discount..

71607694184 rear fender extension

46-61-7-677-527 Flanged Cap Screw (M5X12)

07-11-9-903-070 Hex nut

Twisty

you can also add the additional BMW LED tail/brake light.

Do you have a link to this? Never heard of it, interested to see what it looks like!

I don't have a link, but here is a picture of it on a bike I saw in Florida.

lamp $129.00 #63 00 0 445 578

harness - $40.00 - they make a few harnesses depending on what bike you have, I don't have the part# for the harness. As you may know, there are other (less expensive) rear light options out there, I prefer this one. I ordered it last week, but it's not arrived yet.

dave

4393.jpg.b616544800c38425a1c8a8bce12db5ec.jpg

I hadn't even thought about putting the reflective tape on the rear fender like that. Did you cut those pieces yourself from a larger piece, or did you find pre-cut somewhere at a reasonable price?

I don't have a link, but here is a picture of it on a bike I saw in Florida.

harness - $40.00 - they make a few harnesses depending on what bike you have, I don't have the part# for the harness. As you may know, there are other (less expensive) rear light options out there, I prefer this one. I ordered it last week, but it's not arrived yet.

dave

While I like the look, wow, I don't like the price tag. Oh well. I guess I'll have to come up with something else to fill those holes. :)

I just went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered one from my dealer - Brown Motor Works in Pomona.

I hadn't even thought about putting the reflective tape on the rear fender like that. Did you cut those pieces yourself from a larger piece, or did you find pre-cut somewhere at a reasonable price?

Those were part of 3M reflective kit my dealer also sells. They are specifically pre cut for the bags, the top case and the rear fender. Effbee here on this site also can get them for you. I would suggest you message him as he is now in Seattle. They are super easy to put on and my buddies that I ride with attest to how well they work - they all went out and got a set after the first ride with the tape on the bike. You can not be seen enough - especially at night. Good luck.

I got one at the local trailer store (looks about like this one pictured) for $4.00 and hooked it up to the stop lights

Those were part of 3M reflective kit my dealer also sells. They are specifically pre cut for the bags, the top case and the rear fender. Effbee here on this site also can get them for you. I would suggest you message him as he is now in Seattle. They are super easy to put on and my buddies that I ride with attest to how well they work - they all went out and got a set after the first ride with the tape on the bike. You can not be seen enough - especially at night. Good luck.
I wish I could find a cheap place to buy a roll of the stuff. I have a pre-cut set already on the black half of my saddlebags, but I'd love to get some for the fender, and also for my trailer. I agree about not being visible enough.
I wish I could find a cheap place to buy a roll of the stuff. I have a pre-cut set already on the black half of my saddlebags, but I'd love to get some for the fender, and also for my trailer. I agree about not being visible enough.

Since you've already got one of our MotoEquip Reflective Kits on your saddlebags (I assume it's ours, right?), PM me and I'll send you the pieces for your RT's rear fender, and some scrap reflective pieces that I have that you might find usable for you trailer.

I got one at the local trailer store (looks about like this one pictured) for $4.00 and hooked it up to the stop lights

I certainly don't think the BMW lights are a 'good deal'. I saw the bike that the pic is from in January in Florida and it's taken me that long to decide to spend the $$ to go that route vs the other good options available. At some point I think I'll go your route to add a tail and brake light to my top case, linking it into the additional harness provided with this LED light so that both will be tail and brake lights.

Like other products out there, the additional BMW LED light does flash initially when the brakes are applied, then goes steady (brighter) for brakes. Simply release and reapply brakes to create another flash cycle.

Archived