IGNORED

Beaded seat cover -- how to fit it?

doc47

I bought a beaded seat cover from Whitehorse Press. Comes with a bungie and hook on each corner.

I don't see a non-destructive way to attach the thing on the Comfort seat.

Suggestions?

Return it?

I bought a Bead Rider cover at the Lima, OH Rally and put it on my 1200RT.

The Bead Rider has a continuous elastic cord with a plastic tensioner on it to take up the slack. I really like the beads for the hot weather, so don't give up on them just yet.

Take yer seat off the bike and lay it on top of the beads with the underside facing you and hook the elastic cords together, one hook to the other. Maybe the elastic cords are not long enough to go all the way around the seat?? I can post a pix. of the Bead Rider but it sounds like yours is different. I'm sure you can figure a way to make it work. thumbsup.gif

I just received a beadrider cover for my 1150 RT and tried it for the first time last weekend. I was impressed.

I am in the San Francisco Bay area and it started off cold and foggy in the AM and then it burned off and was hot in the PM. I could really feel the cool air circulating through the beads below my butt when it was cool and I didn't ever get hot and sticky in the afternoon.

I bought the beads on a lark to see if they made any difference. I guess the saying about a million cabbies can't all be wrong. They were right.

Mine has a tensioner on a continuous elastic cord; however, you could always connect the two opposing bungee hooks below the saddle before installing it.

If it doesn't fit well, send it back and get one from beadrider.

Larry

Archived