IGNORED

Add new fuse in fuse block

Napoli_Blue

I purchased my 02RT overseas and have no stereo prep components, to include the radio fuse and associated circuit. dopeslap.gif As I install a radio I need to locate/create switched power and would like to add a dedicated circuit for this and other accessories. I thought about tapping into something else, but the more junk you add, the more power you need. How would I go about adding a fuse into the "radio position" in the existing fuse block (I'm not too interested in an auxiliary fuse block)? confused.gif Any ideas?

Ben

How would I go about adding a fuse into the "radio position" in the existing fuse block
You don't. At least short of finding a salvage fuse box somewhere with the radio and a LOT of work.
(I'm not too interested in an auxiliary fuse block)
Honestly that's the way too go though. The factory wiring in the bike isn't sized for a lot of add on stuff and a aux. fuse block directly off the battery, relay switched off the bike's wiring if you wish, is the correct way to approach adding additional load to the bike.

Thanks, Ken! My home internet died and I was unable to access this thread over the weekend. Anyway, I was able to find that there was a power lead off the ignition switch for the radio that terminated at the wiring harness. Since I didn't buy the radio, they didn't continue the wire through to the fuse box. I added an auxiliary fuse holder and ran the wire from the wiring harness to it. Seems to work fine so far. I've got the radio installed but need a special fuse that I blew in installation. Then we'll see if this really worked...

Thanks again,

Ben

Archived