IGNORED

2 Brothers Racing Exhaust for RT

BMWRTHTB

Does anyone have any experience with the 2 Brothers Racing exhaust system that gets rid of the catalytic converter for a 1150RT? Are there any drawbacks in getting rid of the catalytic converter?

Thanks,

Mark

HTB, CA

'02 1150RT

I've got a 2 Brothers system on my R1100RT. First observation is that it is quite a bit louder than stock (almost anything is afterall). Probably more so than most aftermarket systems. It sounds sort of like a Ducati on steroids. Second is that its a lot lighter than the stock system - a good thing. Does it increase performance? Probably not. This is sort of an up to you deal. You bet there are people on this forum who will try to talk you out of it, but in my opinion, and the guys who ride with me and my neighbors it is not annoying or obtrusive. I happen to have it because it came with the bike. Were I shopping for an aftermarket system, I would probably buy a Staintune - Little less agressive sound. Better workmanship. Much more $$$$ though.

I had one on my 99 RT - came with the bike - it was way too loud - after an hour long ride it would be even louder. I reinstalled stock to bring things back to normal.

It's a lot lighter - not sure if it made any difference in performance - I wouldn't buy it. There may be other systems which are better - Mark

The only BMW I have heard a two brothers system on is the GS, and it sounds very loud and very bad - like you have been putting beans in the gas tank instead of gas.

I don't know about the Remus on the BMW, but on my Ducati it is very loud and has a beautiful, resonant sound - of course, most of that is attributable to the fact that it's a Ducati...

Thanks for the input. I had a Stantune on my old K75S. It was a too loud and no real performance difference. I am mostly interested in the effects of getting rid of the catalytic converter.

Mark

I bought my bike with a Two brothers on it. I also removed it, just too loud for me. And I normally like loud pipes! Sort of an annoying resonating loud inside my helmet. Others I rode with did not find it as annoying as I did.

I kept the cat eliminator pipe and put a stock pipe from my r1150r on it. I do like that sound. The fit wasn't exact, but I got it welded and all is good. The cat eliminator pipe does have a hole for the 02 sensor if you want to keep that on.

Mike

Why not think about a Stayintune system, it gets rid of the catconverter, is much lighter, looks good and is only a bit louder than stock. The Stayintune folks say it has a tune you could dance to. I have one on my 2002RT and am happy with it. When I want loud, I get out the 1991 FXSTC and go profiling. thumbsup.gif

Does anyone have any experience with the 2 Brothers Racing exhaust system that gets rid of the catalytic converter for a 1150RT? Are there any drawbacks in getting rid of the catalytic converter?

Thanks,

Mark

HTB, CA

'02 1150RT

Most everything I've heard about the 2Bros cans is that they're too loud. My solution was to buy a 2Bros cat-eliminator pipe and am working on either a VFR or R1 muffler to add to it. I figure less weight = better and a little more 'growl' without being loud = better.

If you do a search for 2Bros + VFR (or two bros) you'll find the pictoral on how to.

Alternatively, Staintunes come up in the classifieds, the IBMWR classifieds and even Ebay with fair regularity for ~ half price.

M

Archived