IGNORED

Kendon Motorcycle Lift

snod

Does anyone have experience with these lifts. Kendon's web site is www.kendonusa.com. I have seen their trailers, and they appear well made. I am really attracted to the stand up in the corner feature of the lift. They claim no air needed. Foot pump set-up. Any real world experience out there?

Never seen one in the flesh, but in the pics it looks pretty narrow. It's also hard to see if an RT wouldn't be too heavy for it. If there were not enough width to deploy the center stand I wonder how one would support the bike? It doesn't even look wide enough to use tiedowns on a wider, plastic covered SportTourer.

It seems more like a cruiser lift to make it easier to clean/detail your Milwaukee Butt Jewelry than a useful bigger bike wrenching lift, IMHO. I too would be interested to hear from any actual owners as it's easy to make too many assumptions based on the few web shots shown.

Of course, they've made their name in "trailers" so . . . ! grin.gif ( . . . that last one was for David! wink.gifgrin.gif )

Grand Rapids BMW had about a dozen of them for sale a few years back when they firat came out.....you could put an LT on it if so desired. Well made but you had to purchase the tool trays separate.....think it lifted a bike about 42 inches.....they had bikes displayed on the showroom floor on them. The price for those were a special @ $600 I think and were worth that price but I thought a little pricey @ $750, which I think is current retail, plus shipping. I would have bought one had I had an easy way of getting it back to Illinois

Most of the lifts I've seen or read about all weight in the 500# range. This one says 150#. Seems a little light to me. The overall CG with bike aboard would be much higher.

You might want to take a look at these. I have had the Pro Cycle for about 3 years and it works great.

Greg Smith Equipment.

I use it for my sports bikes, dirt bikes and soon my new R1200RT.

The lift weighs about 350lbs, will lift a bike with a small pancake compressor and double up as a great workbench when not in use with a bike on it.

My 996 on the table

The lift comes with a good bike vice. It can mount in about 18 inches from the end or at the end of the table. I had it mounted on the in position in the photo. I have subsequently changed it's location to the end of the table.

I have a small dolly handle which allows me to roll the lift around, in my garage, but not with a bike on it.

But speaking of lifts, here's the best lift in my garage

Car/Storage Lift

Archived