IGNORED

Russell Seat

Lawman

Each Russell seat is built to order so the seating height will vary somewhat from unit to unit. If you are concerned about footing, most of these issues are due to the width of aftermarket seats more than the height, and most builders will try to accommodate you with modifications to help work around this if requested. On the Russell in particular the usual drill is to slide forward a bit towards the narrow front section of the seat at stops. This usually solves (or at least helps with) footing issues and becomes pretty automatic once you get used to it.

Jamie and I each have Russells. Jamie's seat gives better reach to the ground than mine. The difference? Jamie's seat was built on the older stock pan. Mine was built on the "comfort seat" pan. The pans themselves are the same but the distribution of foam is different. The old stock seat is a good inch narrower accross the front. This allows your legs to get closer together when you put your feet down. It makes a big difference! If you have the comfort seat, I would ask the folks at Russell to cut some of the foam away from just the nose of the seat.

roadshadowww

Must say my Russell seat on my 05 12RT is a lot wider than the stocker.

I must do as said here before, slide forward on the seat to reach the ground. It's taken some getting use to but the seat's ability to "spread the load" really does make it an all day seat.

I'd like the bake part of the seat to be slightly higher but I'll try it this way for 500-1000 miles or so before I ask for adjustment.

I put a Russell Day-Long seat on my bike a few years ago, best investment I ever made. A real pleasure to sit on. My longest day ever in the saddle, 1500+ miles (Fort Worth, TX to Los Angeles, CA), was done on my Russell with no saddle soreness whatsoever. Impressive.

Archived