IGNORED

Kisan SignalMinder

Larry

Question. For anyone using a Kisan SignalMinder . I had one of the first models. Had trouble with it within 5 weeks. The flashers would come on every 3 or 4 minutes when parked or ridding. After calling Krisan I was given instructions to reset the unit. Only helping the problem for a short time. Was told by a local dealer the new models do not seem to have any problems. I would still like to try one. Are the new ones dependable?

Jamie and I have each been running the new model for about a year and a half without a single glitch.

According to Jamie, the shorting in the older one was a known problem. I would certainly be contacting them again.

Question. For anyone using a Kisan SignalMinder . I had one of the first models. Had trouble with it within 5 weeks. The flashers would come on every 3 or 4 minutes when parked or ridding. After calling Krisan I was given instructions to reset the unit. Only helping the problem for a short time. Was told by a local dealer the new models do not seem to have any problems. I would still like to try one. Are the new ones dependable?

Larry,

Welcome to the club - I am another who has had problems with the SignalMinder, and somewhat with Kisan's tech support. See my other thread: http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/530070/an/0/page/0#530070

The new one I received was marked (on the accompanying paperwork) something like "Software Rev. .25", so maybe they have made some changes to the units recently. In a week or so of use on my RT-P I have had no more inadvertant 4-way activation issues (only happened to me when I went to activate the turn signals, mostly the left one).

One other thing did seem to change, and I haven't gotten any response from Kisan yet. I don't know whether I got another bad unit, or if the method of setting the running lights has changed. Using the old method (press and hold cancel button while activating the 4-ways 1, 2, or 3 times), nothing happens. Running lights always stay on, and their intensity does not change. But as long as the 4-ways are no longer coming on inappropriately I can live with the running light situation.

So, seems like the current SignalMinders may be better, if not yet perfect. Don't know when the software revision happened, so your local dealers might have older stock. Maybe best to order direct from Kisan to get a fresh one.

Tom

Tom,

Something is still not right with the bike wiring or the signalMinder. The running light feature works fine in rev. 25. Indeed for many rev's before that.

Larry,

I've put in a dozen or so for people with nary a problem. One unit (a rev 24 one) had a problem with running the auxiliary VectorLights that Kisan sells, but a flash upgrade to rev 25 fixed it.

Go for it you won't be disappointed.

Archived