IGNORED

Nolan N103 question...

Crazy_Canuck

Crazy_Canuck

This question is for people how have owned a N102 and have bought the new N103 helmet.

How do you like it compared to the N102?

Thanks

Rob

I like it better, fits fine and I have not noticed any difference in weight or fit. I really like the interior sun visor better than the exterior one of the 102.

I'm an N102 owner, and I waited with great anticipation for the N103. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit me. I didn't last 5 minutes with it on at the dealer. I plan on retrying, not sure why. I rode in to try the N103 wearing my N102. Helmets are funny, I'm sure some N102 users that it will fit better.

Crazy_Canuck

I have a n102 in a Large, I test fitted a n103 large and it was very tight on my head. I then tried on a XL and that seemed to fit much better. Hmmmmmm

Nice n Easy Rider
I have a n102 in a Large, I test fitted a n103 large and it was very tight on my head. I then tried on a XL and that seemed to fit much better. Hmmmmmm

Who said inflation was over? :grin:

Swell guy with a head to match? :) I'm sad to hear the shape changed. I'm a happy N102 wearer. Was looking forward to the N103 in a year or so. I'll have to test fit!

I just got back from a 3 hour ride with my new N103. I have to say that I am not impressed as I thought I would be. Actually, I am pretty disappointed about the noise. Last year I wore a 3/4 HJC and didn't remember having all that noise inside by the ears. I shopped around and looked at every helmet out there. I picked the N103 base on recommendations, quality, and alike. It is pretty heavy too.

Is there something (besides wearing ear plugs) that I'm missing here?

BTW, the NCOM isn't that impressive either.....

roadshadowww

I've got the N-102 now and it's ok. Little noisy but the wife and I love the commo.

It's more round than my head but I can deal with it. If I wear a slik then I get a seam spot on my forehead, zipperhead.

I prefer the Flip-Ups and have an older Schuberth also.

I like the chin strap fastening system on both these helmets, I like the inside dark visor of the Schuberth but the Nolan is alittle quieter.

I tired the N-103 and it is heavier than the 102 but on slightly so. The helmet feels nicer and the interior seems of better materials or just crafted better.

Again the inside vs out side visor is a big improvement over the 102.

I've looked at the Shoei Flip-Up and it fits and feel great but no visor and just has that crappy D ring, really nice though.

Hope this confuses.... helps you out .... :S

Interesting comments... I recently purchased an HJC Symax II to replace my older original Symax. I really like the drop-down sunvisor ala style on my Schuberth S1 that I don't wear much. I read that Nolan's N103 uses faceshield thickness sunvisors whereas Symax's is rather thin. But comfort is everything - "if the (helmet) does not fit, your must a-quit!" ;)

Jeff

I've had Nolans from the early N100 to the N100E and so on to my current 103 which I love. IMO the internal sunshield is way nicer than the 102s mainly because you can have the shield or chinbar up and still have the dark visor. As far as the noise it seems the same as the prior models and if you lift the shield to the first click open it seems to reduce it some. Sorry to say that earplugs do seem to be the only solution, but on a possitive note they will help keep the hearing aids at bay.

I did notice that when I opened the shield to the first click it was quieter. Oh well, I guess like all things new, use it for a bit and I should get used to it.

Crazy_Canuck

OK I bit the bullet and ordered a new N103. I noticed that the 103's seem to run a bit smaller then the 102's and therefore I had to purchase one size bigger.

I received it yesterday and took it on a trial run to work this morning. It didnt feel any heavier then my 102 but then again I only had it on my head for 20mins.

The fit and finish seems to be a little nicer.

I like the fact that the sun visor is internal now and time will tell how well it works.

Archived