IGNORED

Securing open face helmet

waylap

I have yet to find a way to lock up my Nolan N42 NCOM helmet except to get it into one of the saddle bags. The trouble is most of the time my bags are already too filled with other items. Does anyone else have a way? The chin strap is ratcheted, so simply running a cable through it is pointless.

i run into the same issue with my helmet, i usually take one of the straps and lock it in the saddle bag and let the helmet hang there. Works pretty well and it will keep someone from just walking off with it.

I have a 36" plastic coated cable with loops at each end. I loop one end around the chin bar on my helmet run it through my wife's helmet, through a sleeve on our jackets if we choose not to wear them.

I open the glove box door, run the cable in from the fork tube area under the fairing and into the glove box then push the loop over the glove box door lock and lock the glove box door.

The cable just disappears inside the fairing so no one knows how it's secured. The only way to get it out is to open the glove box door and slip the loop off of the lock.

I have a Nolan modular helmet with the same type of chin strap. When it's not in my side case, i run the strap through the rear rack. So far the criminals have been either too dumb or lazy to steal it.

I have a 36" plastic coated cable with loops at each end. I loop one end around the chin bar on my helmet run it through my wife's helmet, through a sleeve on our jackets if we choose not to wear them.

I open the glove box door, run the cable in from the fork tube area under the fairing and into the glove box then push the loop over the glove box door lock and lock the glove box door.

The cable just disappears inside the fairing so no one knows how it's secured. The only way to get it out is to open the glove box door and slip the loop off of the lock.

Good idea but he was asking about an open face helmet..i.e. no chin bar...

"i run into the same issue with my helmet, i usually take one of the straps and lock it in the saddle bag and let the helmet hang there. Works pretty well and it will keep someone from just walking off with it."

I just love to hear about these simple solutions! What a great idea!

Archived