IGNORED

Russell vs Rick Mayer saddles

popeyebedford

popeyebedford

Anyone have firsthand experience with both Russell & Rick Mayer saddles FOR K1200RS?

Having briefly sat on a Corbin for an RS, frankly I experienced little difference than a stock seat.

My hope is that the Russell will actually provide a softer, larger place for my gluts that supports my hips on the outside some.

I had a Sargent on my RT which had sufficient square area, but was hard as a rock. After a dozen days on the road I was hurting.

But for the mighty K12RS only is the Russell really comfortable? How does it feel, and what is the difference between the Russell and Rick Mayer in comfort...

When I out in the Nevada desert esthetics are irrelevant. How is my bum going to be doing ? What is your hands on experience?

Thanks

rUSSELL's aRE butt ugly but very functional. If you can get past the looks you'll be more than happy.

"ROCKY" Mayer has less stitching (less prone to water thru seams)...and is the original "BILL" Mayer clone seat. Awesome and good looking to boot.!!

"RICK" Mayer seats have a ton of stitching and would not ever be in the same sentence or on the short list.

Me, on a KRS, I'd opt for the Rocky Mayer. thumbsup.gif

rUSSELL's aRE butt ugly but very functional. If you can get past the looks you'll be more than happy.

Try the new 'half moon' stitching scheme available from Russell... doesn't look half bad, much better than the older 70's-style patterns...

Hey Popeye, I'd revisit the Sargent again buddy. At least on the KRS, the Corbin is the one hard as a rock; the Sargent is MUCH softer. The Sargent will also sit you lower, almost identical to the stock seat (important to me at my 30" inseam).

As you know, everything is a compromise. If you want comfort over looks, I've read you can't go wrong with the Russel. Reports on the Mayers have been mixed.

I had to buy my seat blindly, but if you live near a big city, you should make an effort to at least sit on your possible choices before plunking down your hard-earned bucks. Good luck man.

Archived