IGNORED

3.8k 12RT

PilatusDriver

PilatusDriver

Just got back from a 2000 mile trip in 4 days of riding. Comments: Awesome bike! better in every way that my 1150RT. Also, the Dunlops that came on this baby suck - horrible tramlining, fronts cupped and rear is toast at 3800 miles. Also a shudder got progressivly worse on the trip, dealer says warped rotors / on order. Kinda strange for barely using them over 2k miles?

Anyway averaged 49mpg and 60 mph over 30+ hours of non interstate riding. I cant wait to get abck out there with my freshly installed Z6's and soon to be installed front rotors.

thumbsup.gif

PilatusDriver

220's...WTF is exactly what I said. I thought the vibes were coming from the cupped front tire but after spooning on the new skins it was still there. No extra crazy braking, in fact just the opposite - long miles of mellow crusing. No vibes with rear brake only, can't imagine what else would cause it. They mic'd the runout and said both rotors were warped in different spots?

I agree with you about the 220s, my wife had them on her '02 R-1150-R for a while. The front started to cup quite quickly. I made sure to keep them aired up to the max sidewall pressure. Her '04 RS has Metzeler Z-4s on it, a much better tire. I hope the rotor problem is easily fixed, furthermore may the new ones not be from the same batch that your bike was originally equipped with.

Just got back from a 2000 mile trip in 4 days of riding. Comments: Awesome bike! better in every way that my 1150RT. Also, the Dunlops that came on this baby suck - horrible tramlining, fronts cupped and rear is toast at 3800 miles. Also a shudder got progressivly worse on the trip, dealer says warped rotors / on order. Kinda strange for barely using them over 2k miles?

Anyway averaged 49mpg and 60 mph over 30+ hours of non interstate riding. I cant wait to get abck out there with my freshly installed Z6's and soon to be installed front rotors.

thumbsup.gif

Hmm. This could be my post. 3800 miles, cupping on front, rear 220s down to the wear bars, brakes starting to pulse. Haven't checked the runout yet but planning to at the 6K checkup. Going for Pilot Roads next.

I also have the Dunlops on my R1200RT, and have noticed the same things - cupping on the front side tread, and the rear is suprisingly worn for just 2000 miles. I read about a new tire Pirelli is offering that has harder rubber in the center of the tread, and softer rubber on the outside for cornering. This is supposed to give longer tread life without compromising performance, and is available in sizes to fit the R1200RT. Has anyone else has heard of these? This minute I can't lay my hands on the article specifying which Pirelli it is.

Jay

Archived