IGNORED

what is the warranty on a battery?

majordad

as the sig says I have a 2007 RT but I bought it new almost to the day a year ago. I drove down to Mardi Gras and returned tonight. At nearly every fill up the bike barely started. The battery appears weak. I had the bike on the charger all winter and even drove it when the weather allowed. I got to wondering if the battery is still under warranty. What chance is there of me getting a replacement battery on the dealer's dime?

Hi,

Have you checked battery connections,they can certainly loosen over time

and cause similar symptoms.

There were some bad battery batches,BMW has had to replace a number of batteries.

JR356

I bought the bike at Carolina BMW. If you bought yours there did they replace it free? I will call them tomorrow to see what they say.

I did buy my bike at Carolina but had the battery replaced at Capitol in Raleigh. The replacement was free.

FWIW - I had one replaced from my '06 under warranty (< 2.5 years from purchase date) in early January. Actually bought the replacement and had it credited after BMW approved the warranty claim (took a week or so).

When you took delivery the dealership should have gone over warranty periods with you.

The paint and battery are not 3 years.

If a delaership replaced it past the warranty time for the battery that was good fortune on your part.

Archived