IGNORED

K1200GT Engine heat

Francis

I am riding a R1150RT now and am looking at a 2008 K1200GT. Engine heat from the RT is almost non-existent for me. I am wondering what the engine heat situation is for the K1200GT...and in comparison to the RT? Is the GT a hot bike like the FJR was or as the Kawasaki Concours 14 is reported to be? (Crotch / leg heat?)

Also, are there any unique aspects of the GT (other than speed and a wet clutch) that I should be thinking about as I eveluate a potential switch to a GT?

Francis

Francis:

I don't know about the current gen K12, but the previous gen K12 does have some heat that hits you in the shin on the right side. Not bad but not as nice as the R1150RT, they have none. As an example, I have both bikes and when it's 90+ I ride the R1150RT. I rode a new K12 on a demo ride but it was'nt hot out. I have'nt heard about any complaints about heat on them.

Bob

The only time I feel heat is at a stop with feet down and my short leg rubs up to the clutch housing. Warm not hot. Never felt any other heat and we get plenty of hot days.

07 KGT

David B

It made it to 82F here in Texas a few days ago and I did notice a small amount of heat from the lower right side while I was stopped at a light. Warm would be a better description.

Archived