IGNORED

Today's youth lacking in fitness.

Boffin

I love stories like this. The smile on her face says it all.

If you raced Andy to the pub , there could only be one winner .................

Now Steve, guys like Andy and I have put in a great deal of training to be at our peak once inside the pub. It has taken us both years of training to reach our physiological peak for competing at a very high level. ;)

Now Steve, guys like Andy and I have put in a great deal of training to be at our peak once inside the pub. It has taken us both years of training to reach our physiological peak for competing at a very high level. ;)

Does that include a reaction test [ including hand eye co ordination ] for getting your wallet out of your pocket ??

Does that include a reaction test [ including hand eye co ordination ] for getting your wallet out of your pocket ??

Actually I believe the IOC grades this even more along the same way as Tai Chi. Controlled Restricted and Graceful movement tends to get one a better result with the judges. Having not competed head to head with Andy, I will refrain from discussing his technique specifically ;)

Actually I believe the IOC grades this even more along the same way as Tai Chi. Controlled Restricted and Graceful movement tends to get one a better result with the judges. Having not competed head to head with Andy, I will refrain from discussing his technique specifically ;)

.well... .if I were taking a photo of it happening , it certainly would not be on sports mode .......

We have a member of our boat crew who has difficulty with hand eye coordination concerning his wallet during shouts at the pub.

We remedied this years ago by taking his wallet on arrival , extracting the estimated expenditure on his part for the night and placing it on the bar any left over he gets to keep .

He complains that we don't trust him, cast flaws to his character , treat him as a second class citizen ,generally demean him and that we are basically a pack of bastards.

We tell him that we do not care .

We have been doing this for the last 18 years .

I reckon I need to defend my reputation here. I strongly deny that I have short arms and deep pockets, in fact I will buy any board member a drink whenever they drop into my local.

Andy

I notice you forgot to include the name of your local.

Was this an accident or just convenient , I wonder ?

:grin:

Purely an oversight - honestly.

My Local

Andy

Andy, my local , fairly crappy website , but a good pub and a flat 200 metre walk from home. Nice balmy evenings on the terrace listening to some easy music , cold beer and good food, and very, very laid back.

http://www.beacheshotel.com.au/node/29

This site has external photos of Beaches and the second pub in town Ryans , Ryans is pretty good but a few hundred metres further away.

http://www.gdaypubs.com.au/NSW/wollongong/thirroul.html

and I return your offer of shouting you a beer when you call in !

{will save the embarasment of taking your wallet at the beginning}

My 'local' is actually about three miles away and there are four closer pubs. This one however, has a much better atmosphere, more social activities and a better range of real ales - and the landlord knows how to keep them. It is only a few minutes away on the local bus and the last bus leaves 20 minutes after closing.

I like the sound of 'The Beaches', having a fondness for the Blues. If the lottery comes up I shall take you up on your offer - I have long hankered for a long-trip to the antipodes - especially to take in an Australia-England test match.

Andy

I guess the girl should be happy that the victim was a sprinter and not a shooting champ . The outcome could have been different .I could picture the 72yr old womans comments ,I wasn't sure if I would remember just how much to lead before squeezing the trigger.

Archived