IGNORED

Balancing Wheels R12RT: Shaft and adapters?

codinn

Anyone have tips on balancing wheels out there?

The manual shows a shaft and adapters for getting an axle into the wheel for balancing.

Is there an elegant homemade tool for this or do I break down and get the BMW tools? Even worse, should I break down and let the local Suzuki shop balance them for me?

I'd kinda like to do my own tire changing and balancing. Heck, I do my own haircuts. This can't be much harder. smirk.gif (I have slightly more hair than the emoticon).

Global_Rider
The manual shows a shaft and adapters for getting an axle into the wheel for balancing.

Is there an elegant homemade tool for this...even worse, should I break down and let the local Suzuki shop balance them for me?

Yes, I made my own and they work and look pro.

I don't let a dealer touch my rims.

Check out Anton Largiader's Web Page and select the Wheel Balancing Equipment page.

I made the first balancer and adapter on the page. Cost next to nothing to make if you have access to some shop equipment.

As for tire changes, I use two flat tire irons and cut strips of plastic windshield bottle material to protect my rims. Haven't nicked a rim in 30+ years.

Alex, Randy, Jim,

Wow! Just what I was hoping for!

The Marc Parnes unit will be just perfect, and Largiader's web site is full of useful info.

Muchas gracias for your assistance thumbsup.gif.

Archived