IGNORED

Hand Guards on RT

SinNH

Nope!

Insulated gloves and heated grips have always been enough and I have ridden on some mighty chilly days. View of the stock mirrors is bad enough without an extra barrier.

OMO

No.

Heated grips, insulated gloves, and seirus liners keep my hands nice and warm. The Seirus liners are lightweight, windproof, and weatherproof. If you take your outer gloves off during a ride I leave the Seirus gloves on. I get gas in them or whatever. I even leave them on when I am walking around away from the bike.

Those hand guards are for protecting your hands from hazzards off road like trees, branches n stuff, not to keep your hands warm... and I can tell you from my GS experience, they definately DO NOT help keep your hands warm.

A great tip I rec'd from one of our forums was to use Aerostich/Rider Warehouse triple digit rain gloves as outer gloves on really cold days. They make an amazing difference. Always have them in my tank bag anyway.

They're thin enough to pass the grip heat, yet block 99% of the wind. Also, the three digits allow your fingers to warm each other similar to a mitten, although with much great dexterity. After many years of searching for just the right shtick for keeping my hands warm on really cold days, this proved to be the trick.

They don’t even work for that on a GS, let alone on an RT. Too much air flow around them. Unless you are taking your RT through the brush and need them for that kind of impact protection, forgetaboutit.

... seirus liners keep my hands nice and warm. The Seirus liners are lightweight, windproof, and weatherproof.

[hijack attrib=sorry] Tell me more about the seirus liners? Silk? some kind of thermal layer? thin enough to get under my regular gloves? [/hijack]

... seirus liners keep my hands nice and warm. The Seirus liners are lightweight, windproof, and weatherproof.

[hijack attrib=sorry] Tell me more about the seirus liners? Silk? some kind of thermal layer? thin enough to get under my regular gloves? [/hijack]

I use the Seirus Hyperlite All Weather Glove #1431

http://www.essentialapparel.com/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/32850/catid/290?CMP=AFC-SHOPPING&CMP=AFC-Shopping

The link is just to show you. I would shop around.

Description:

This Seirus Hyperlite All Weather Glove keeps warmth in but wind and moisture out!

Product Features:

* Wear as glove or liner

* Ultra-thin

* Windproof and water-repellent

* Form fitting and breathable

* 4-way stretch

* Wicking micro-fleece

* Weatherproof

* Seirus tab appears on inside palm

* Top Seller

* Polartec

Sizing:

* Men's: S/M, L, XL

* Women's: XS/S. M/L

I was first introduced to them on a military base. They are thin enough for my hands to go into any of my gloves and I leave them on when I get off my bike. They can be taken off and placed in your pocket really easily. They don't take up any room at all. I am very happy with them.

The only problem I had with them is they don't like ATM touch screens. Just take them off to use the screen. :dopeslap:

I would question the benefit, have been in frontal driving rain on my RT and as long as I was moving,hands stayed relatively dry. In terms of temperature, medium weight loves with heated grips kept me comfortable to about 5C (approx 40F)

I have a MUCH better pic of these on a bike. If anyone wants the pic...send me a PM and your email address, I will send it to you.

I do not have these, nor have I seen them on a bike. I did read about them on some site and the owner LOVED them. I believe it was a European web sit. I have sent for the catalog...so will check them out further.

My hands get soaked in the rain at highway speed. Anything to deflect a little more rain/cold MAY be worth it.

Archived