IGNORED

Biarritz Blue Anyone?

kinchy

Trying to paint my case covers and the body shop can't seem to find the paint. They do significant paint work. I know it's coded as 847 called Biarritz Blue. My BMW dealer was little help. Although I second guessed this decision I never thought finding the paint would be an issue. Has anyone had experience here? Appreciate the help.

Should be Glasurit (spelling?) You can buy a can from Holt BMW and have your guy shoot it. That's what I did with Pacific Blue Metallic.

Eckhard Grohe

Go to this website: Glasurit color selector and enter BMW for the manufacturer and 847 for the color code. The selector will give you 363 as a result. Go back to the first page and enter 363 instead of 847 and you will get a whole bunch of stuff I don't understand. Click on the numbers in the right columns for more incomprehensible info.

Have fun and let me know if you understand it.

363 is the correct BMW paint code for your "Biarritz Blue Pearl" RT. If the paint shop has any problem, just tell them it is the same color used on 2001 (and earlier) BMW 7 series automobiles - their automotive paint database will have the appropriate color code and formulation.

I painted the city lids on my 04 Biarritz Blue RT - I thought they looked really nice when finished. The shop used PPG paint and the match was perfect.

Peter

...I painted the city lids on my 04 Biarritz Blue RT - I thought they looked really nice when finished. The shop used PPG paint and the match was perfect.

Peter

Peter,

That's great. Could you post some pics of the bike w/lids?

Regards,

Mike O

The counsel is appreciated boys. I passed the on the information to the body shop. It's been three weeks since this mission began. Let's hope it meets expectations..

W

Archived