IGNORED

Alaska photos

motorman587

Did not want to hijack Tallpaul post so I started this one. Post your favorite Alaska picture.

I too loved that trip and took 500 pictures. My favorite was my return trip off the Haul Road aka Dalton Highway. Look at the date, look in the left top corner, snow and look at my clothing, Gerbing pants and jacket liner. I also worn a rain suit pants and jacket, not cause of rain, but for the cold. It was 33 degress when I left Prudoe Bay, foggy and running with the herd of Caribo. It was awesome.

4245.jpg.aae351e12ef1ead1e0f5baac5753c7a1.jpg

John....that's a great photo. :thumbsup:

i could make a comment about you being in the photo but won't. have your girls carry that to show to the potential boyfriends. it's kinda dirty harry/marlboro man rugged! a glock on your hip would've put you in people magazine.

John....that's a great photo. :thumbsup:

i could make a comment about you being in the photo but won't. have your girls carry that to show to the potential boyfriends. it's kinda dirty harry/marlboro man rugged! a glock on your hip would've put you in people magazine.

Hahaha, good idea, maybe for the next trip. Got to somehow get around Cananda to carry a handgun. Lost my "Police" issued pepper spray at the border. And that was my second call to my supervisor, the first one was for my speeding ticket, within the first 5 days of the trip. I was not doing to good with police interaction.

Look at how dirty that bike was? It was not rain either. It was water downed construction sites. The road damaged my mirror clips and for the trip home had to us electical tape so I could see out of them. Also had to replace the throttle cable. It was so bad that once I got home it would not return to idle. And of course a new set of rubbers.

Did not want to hijack Tallpaul post so I started this one. Post your favorite Alaska picture.

Thanks John. I thought that was funny! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks though for the thought about not hijacking me.

Nice picture!!! I'll dig up another picture for your thread.

TallPaul.

Also, notice I have a period at the end. Someone else is using TallPaul (TallPaul - Member #9910). They Registered on: 01/15/06 01:30 AM and never posted anything since. So, I'm stuck with the "."

John, I didn't know you went to Alaska last year! How long were you gone ,how long did you need to make the round trip from here? How the heck did you get the LT clean again? Take me with you next time!

AdventurePoser

...And of course a new set of rubbers...

Sounds like you had more fun up there than you really want to discuss... :rofl:

Steve in So Cal

Wish I had this pic today.

Customer wouldn't believe that is what you rode.

I told him only becasue you didn't have an RT.

Who needs a GS? :lurk:

This was June 22, 2006.

The location is obvious. I did a day-trip from Fairbanks, up to the Circle and back. I didn't get any bad weather, but they were tearing up lots of the road, and they weren't gentle about it.

On the way back I hit a pot-hole so hard my left mirror popped off, and I was sure I'd bent the rim, but no damage. Lots of mud up there.

It was one day past solstice, so lots of daylight up north at this time of year, you can get in a long day of good riding.

2006599990102298019S600x600Q85.jpg

On the Dempster Hwy heading to Dawson City coming back from the Arctic Circle at around 11PM. The partial shadow of the F650 in the lower right.

For most folks, its maybe an interesting landscape photo at best. But for me, the story behind that photo always triggers more mental images and fond memories of not only that day, but the entire trip.

DPP_600.JPG

Sharon, it's not the camera but the photographer :grin: . It is a beautiful picture!

I'm sure you and Jan can take wonderful pictures with a simple point and shoot :thumbsup:

Chris--

What camera did you use? That is an amazingly beautiful shot! :thumbsup:

Thanks! It was a Canon Rebel with the kit lens on automatic. It's been pointed out to me that this isn't an Alaska photo which is what the OP requested, but it was part of our Alaska trip .... :dopeslap::Cool:

On the Dempster Hwy heading to Dawson City coming back from the Arctic Circle at around 11PM. The partial shadow of the F650 in the lower right.

For most folks, its maybe an interesting landscape photo at best. But for me, the story behind that photo always triggers more mental images and fond memories of not only that day, but the entire trip.

DPP_600.JPG

I agree, same with my photo, but was not that great, but mine was on the way back after doing the haul road. I so scared of breaking down of all the stories you hear abou the final drive etc.......I was scared of getting a flat cause of the stories on the net. I missed my kids and the wife. The photo is kind've I did it and I heading home. The bike ran perfect, no flat and memories, well TallPaul. started it.

I agree, same with my photo, but was not that great, but mine was on the way back after doing the haul road. I was so scared of breaking down of all the stories you hear about the final drive etc.......I was scared of getting a flat cause of the stories on the net. I missed my kids and the wife. The photo is kind've I did it and I heading home. The bike ran perfect, no flat and memories, well TallPaul. started it.

No John.....you have to bring the wife along to the Maggie Valley Inn for that to happen :grin:

Nice photos John. Please post some more.
Sure, my LT wishes it was one of those KTMs, but looking closer one had busted a fork seal. Ooops. They passed me earlier, on the road, going mark 5. No wonder one of them busted a fork seal. This was Prudoe Bay or Deadhouse, you can not go anymore north.

4252.jpg.6afdb7ddaa9cbebfe6116282c419804c.jpg

Archived