IGNORED

Is this right? (answer from Bob's)

JohnJC

I wrote Bob's BMW to order a new seat for my 12st. I want to use it to have a custom seat built, since I don't wish to loose my bike for 3-5 weeks. I said I'd take stock, lower, or even better used. This is the reply I got:

------------------------------------------------

That bike is so new we do not have a list of parts for it yet.

Rich Kennedy

E-Commerce, Parts and Used Parts

Bob's BMW Motorcycles

301-497-8949 x.214

Fax 301-776-2338

10720 Guilford Rd Jessup MD 20794-9385

www.bobsbmw.com

parts@bobsbmw.com

That doesn't sound right, but the point I would like to address is that if you have not done so, check all sources BESIDES dealers for a used seat - try EBAY, Craigslist, etc, etc. Good luck!

I've been looking around and haven't found any. Since there aren't any aftermarket seats available it's unlikely someone is selling their stock seat. That's why I was willing to buy new.

I think the answer I got was just plain lazy. They're an authorized BMW & Parts dealer right? They Haven't sold any ST's with the lower seat? No way to check on part number/price with BMW? None of their customers have needed ANY parts for this bike? Seems like someone didn't want to do any work. Heck I had to write them twice to even get an answer. They're off my vendor list(And I have made purchases from them).

Paul Mihalka

R1200ST low seat part no. is 52537683687. I don't know if BMWNA has them in stock, but I expect yes. We have no problems getting low seats for R1200RT, R1200GS, K1200S, K1200R.

I just called San Jose BMW and the parts guy immediately gave me the various R1200ST seat numbers, rear, ft low and std. seat. Paul posted the numbers above.

Thanks for the part #'s, and confirming it was an issue with Bob's, and not BMW.

I'll call my dealer and have them order one. They're 40 miles from me so I was trying to save a bit of time with an Inet order. No more Bob's for me.

Archived