IGNORED

Compact power connectors?

stubble!

So I've got a nest of SAE connectors and thick cables in my tank bag, and other than my jacket liner, they all power low-draw stuff (Zumo, Radar, etc). The powerlet cables & SAE connectors are great, but total overkill for this stuff.

So I'm thinking of converting the low-draw power in my tankbag to more compact connectors. Preferably something that has a variety of connector types, like flush-mount jacks, etc. Is there a more-or-less 'standard' out there for this? USB?

Well in rearranging things and making a new cable I've alleviated most of my space complaints, but I'm still curious what types of connectors others are using for low-current applications.

Yep, those are the standard for low-current power connections (although USB seems to be gaining fast.) And of course there need to be fifty different sizes :/. I have been using the 5mm/2.1mm size just because they are commonly available at Radio Shack.

One note, the two plugs pictured on the right are audio plugs and should never be used in power applications. The Wiki article mentions this but just thought I'd point it out.

One note, the two plugs pictured on the right are audio plugs and should never be used in power applications. The Wiki article mentions this but just thought I'd point it out.

Mmmmm would you believe your other right :grin: (Left, not right)

Archived