IGNORED

ZTechnik Product Manager Joins BMWSportTouring

UVARIDER59

Hello Fellow BMW Riders,

This is my one-time commercial announcement. I am the Product Manager for ZTechnik. We are based in the Chicago, IL area. You can find product information and support on our website, http://www.ztechnik.com. Our most popular product would be our VStream windshield, for which we have a US Patent. They do a great job of creating a quiet, calm air pocket for the rider and passenger. We now have a 3-Year Warranty against breakage for our BMW windshields.

If you have product or support related questions, feel free to send an email to me, its in my signature here.

Otherwise feel free to ask any support-related questions here. I am looking forward to being a part of the forum. I just purchased a 2004 K1200GT, so I am sure I will be looking for advice!

Jeff Wolbers

ZTechnik Product Line Manager

Jeff, welcome. Two questions--are you guys part of National? Also, on the website, the "Ride & Buy" dealers listed for NC are the same ones listed as "just" dealers. So are all the NC dealers Ride & Buy affiliated? And which screen will they have for me to test? I am looking for a better screen for my 2007 F650GS.

Thanks!

Lone_RT_rider

Just a heads up....

I saw you had Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC listed as a dealer that supports your "Ride and Buy" program. I called Joey in parts at Touring Sport today and he was completed surprised that they were listed for this as they have no product to support it.

Shawn

Welcome Jeff!

Another satisfied V-Stream user here - on my former FJR (didn't you previously have one of those?) and now on my RT. I also used and liked National's replacement windscreens on my long ago Yammie XS11 and no so long ago Venture Royale.

Jeff

Just a heads up....

I saw you had Touring Sport BMW in Greenville, SC listed as a dealer that supports your "Ride and Buy" program. I called Joey in parts at Touring Sport today and he was completed surprised that they were listed for this as they have no product to support it.

Shawn

Shawn, I ran into that also. Although I bought a V-stream for one of my RT's on "faith" (and it is good), I really want to test ride one on my F650GS before purchasing. Hope Jeff sees this.

Edit: dropped Jeff an email to the address listed above but the spam filter at National Cycle rejected it as "unsolicited". Which of course it was. I guess ANY msg to Jeff from us would be "unsolicited".

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the spam filter and for not being on the board more often. Recent surgery on my torn rotator cuff from a bike accident ut me out of commission-rehab 5x/ week, etc.

The Ride&Buy Icon on my site takes you to the regular dealer list. Only the dealers on this list with the Ride&Buy icon next to their name are Ride&Buy. Sorry for the confusion. I am working to fix this.

Bobby-

For now, we don't have a screen for this bike. This is a challenging bike to build an effective screen-steep screen mounting-a "taller" screen mounted to the stock mounts will just protude towards the rider and interfere with the bars. So we will have to make a new mount of some type. This is a project that we will have in-house in a few weeks. Tell me what height from headlight and what width you'd like to see

I have always been a "K" bike fan, especially up to 2004. I have owned boxers for the most part, in addition to other bikes. Just sold my '69 Honda CB750 (Sandcast Motor) to buy the KGT and pay for the upgrades I will be doing. My last BMW was a 2006 RT.

Hi Jeff and welcome. I have a 2008 RT and I will be looking for a new windscreen around April or May. I like your product but I haven't seen any on a RT and I am confused about your height and width offerings. I am in Dubuque, Iowa so maybe this spring I could just cruise on over to your factory in Illinois and have on custom fit......

Ferd

Are you from the Oaklawn area, or closer to Orland Park? I was born in Harvey in '59 and lived in Park Forest until age 3 (1962) then up to Mundelein.

The V-Strom is a great bike-the 650 or 1000?

I liked your writeup on the windscreens; basic material and coatings.

Prices very competitive. If my RT shield needs replacing I'll certainly look at your product.

Welcome aboard.

Archived