IGNORED

To Airhead or Hexhead???

waddyp

Hi All. I'm new to this forum, but have been riding Airheads for about 25 or my 40+ years on motorcycles. My dilemma: for the first time in a long time I'm tempted by the new RT's and GS's. I've been on my FAITHFUL '82 R100RS for years and reluctant to give up her proven reliability (most recently rode to Laguna Seca and back from home in Michigan, then to the Nat.l then to Lake Superior). However, the technology of the new 1200's has my attention. I've always done ALL my own work on my bikes (BMW's, Ducatis and Moto Guzzis), and am unsure if I can achieve the same level of peace-of-mind with a new Hexhead. I'd very much appreciate any feedback from your group. Thanks, Ed in Michigan

I have 2 oilheads, well the GS is mine, and sometimes my wife lets me ride her RS. We really enjoy those 2 bikes. I say take a couple of test hops and decide then. If I had an old airhead that was as reliable as yours I would be hard pressed to give it up. How many miles are on it?

I think you'll really like the new bikes. However, I would not get rid of your airhead. It would be too difficult to part with it.

Archived