IGNORED

UNrally Route Planning

SAMSAR

Hi Everyone,

Here is an initial look at some routes to be thinking about. You'll find a mix of short, medium, and longer loops and many of the routes can be shortened along the way. Let us hear your comments (good, bad, likes, dislikes, tweaks, local knowledge, etc.) and stay tuned for updates and new routes.

We haven't started building the Off Road routes yet but you can check back here for those too.

Once the roads clear up in the spring, several of us will make test runs and ensure the roads are in good shape with food, fuel, and points of interest along the way. There will likely be many tweaks to the routes and options to mix and match to your hearts content.

The links below will bring you to Google Maps. If you haven't used them before, we think you will like them... Notice the buttons in the upper right of the map. You can choose a combination of Map, Satellite, and Terrain which is an excellent way to give you a sense of the mountains around you. Also, if you click the More button, you have the option to show Photos, YouTube, or Wiki files... Try It!

Mt. Washington Auto Road - 38 Miles

Crawford Notches & Cog Rail - 163 Miles

Kancamagus Highway - 152 Miles

Grafton Dixville Notches - 152 Miles

Rangeley Lakes Region - 195 Miles

Hyde Park Island Pond - 210 Miles

Laconia Lake Winnipesaukee - 240 Miles

Moose Alley - 261 Miles

Lake Champlain - 306 Miles

Ultimately, we will have Garmin Mapsource files that you can upload into your GPS.

Cheers!

Alot of varity there Paul, Hey, if a route to Montreal or other parts of Canada are planned, will this be the first international UN?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Per your suggestion for everyone... here's a route to Montreal. Would be shorter if you rode slab both ways.

Montreal, Canada - 352 Miles

Also adding one for the eastern coastline...

Bar Harbor & Acadia National Park - 429 Miles

Of course, now we are getting into bigger rides and these might be better suited for pre/post the UNrally core dates... Traffic will be a factor the closer you get to Montreal and definitely along the Maine coastline. But, well worth it for the sightseeing if you have the time.

Of course, now we are getting into bigger rides and these might be better suited for pre/post the UNrally core dates... Traffic will be a factor the closer you get to Montreal and definitely along the Maine coastline. But, well worth it for the sightseeing if you have the time/quote]

If you want to really send people into traffic go to Freeport for a visit to Bean's!!!

Very nice set of routes Paul...

Here is a Garmin MapSource file for the UNrally VIII GS Routes that you can download and a current screenshot. Really not sure how these GS routes will be yet. I did spend some time researching on AdvRider this evening and think I've looped in several of the better sections. Again, we will make test runs beforehand.

web.jpg

The Shelburne Museum will have a motorcycle exhibit through the summer. The suggested Lake Champlain route goes right by it so it may be worth a stop.

I guess I don't know how to make a link to the website.

Spending a few hours at Fenway is very tempting. I was looking at the Red Sox schedule and it looks like Thursday would be the game to do. 1:30 in the afternoon game. Get there a couple of hours early to stand in line for same day ticket sales. Could be done.......

Archived