IGNORED

YASSIR - Yet Another Self-made Seat Incline Regulator (photos)

TomS

Nice job...

BTW, I particularly like the last photo. How'd you do that? (i.e. lighten the background of the rest of seat chassis area?)

Regards,

Mike O

Nice job...

BTW, I particularly like the last photo. How'd you do that? (i.e. lighten the background of the rest of seat chassis area?)

Judging by the photos, TomS has some photography in his background and probably used a software package like photoshop to get the effect you're asking about. What I thought was really cool was that he appears to have used a cameara with tilts and swings to adjust depth of field - a very professional touch. That's most noticable in the first photo with the bumpers and bolts - one or the other should have been out of focus normally. Nicely done!

True, I have had some photo experience over the last 30 years... wink.gif

I use the CorelDraw suite of programs, and the last photo was simply made by "cutting out" the seat holder, softening the background, and then pasting the seat holder back in on top of the now softened background. Corel Photo-Paint (essentially same as Photoshop) made it a 1 min job.

I no longer own a tilt and swivel camera. For sentimental reasons I wish I hadn't sold it 15 years ago, though... My digital Nikon has a macro function and if you use that in combination with the zoom you get incredible depth-of-field.

Thanks for liking the photos. I am anxiously off on a 4 day trip on my newly raised seat. I hope my bottom will hold out better this time smile.gif

Do you mean that we are not supposed slide forward when on the brakes? I thought this was a well thought out reaction to shift weight onto the front wheel so as to increase stopping ability. This engineering design did not start with BMW but they have perfected it to todays high standard.

Archived