IGNORED

battery question

taters

i tried to start my bike an 04 rt but it would not turn over. luckily i bought a charger from bmw about $100. so i gave it a full charge....rode it the next day. then i parked it out side and did not ride it for 3 days. temperature got down to 15 degrees.it would not start so i charged it to 80% and drove 70 minutes to an airdorce base.when i came out the bike would not start..i don't know if i left the brake lights on or not.think i need a new battery? need some advice

Check the charging system while you're at it but, yes, after this number of occurrences I would invest in a new battery.

Also, check for some draw down on the battery when bike is shut off. Accessory left on, etc.

i tried to start my bike an 04 rt but it would not turn over. luckily i bought a charger from bmw about $100. so i gave it a full charge....rode it the next day. then i parked it out side and did not ride it for 3 days. temperature got down to 15 degrees.it would not start so i charged it to 80% and drove 70 minutes to an airdorce base.when i came out the bike would not start..i don't know if i left the brake lights on or not.think i need a new battery? need some advice

Odds are your battery has had it's day if it is the original. But, as Phil said, get a multimeter on it and see if you have something drawing a current when everything is switched off (of course there will be a small draw, but not much).

Also I would recommend removing the battery, fully charging it and then getting it along to a battery supplier/ or equivelent and get a capacity/discharge test done on it. In the UK it is normally a free check. This will give you a very good idea if the battery has had it's day.

Andy

thanks for your time. i took it to the shop and dthey said it was not holding a charge...replaced it only $241 lol thanks again taters

thanks for your time. i took it to the shop and dthey said it was not holding a charge...replaced it only $241 lol thanks again taters

Are you sure that price is right?

I wouldn't be paying half that in the UK.

Andy

Are you sure that price is right?

Andy

Of course the price is right....for the dealer that is. :cry:

Battery price + test old battery + install new battery + probably battery disposal fee + shop supplies + tax could = $241.00___Bike that now starts = Priceless..

Twisty

Archived