IGNORED

Austin Texas Tech Daze - Jan. 17

SShreeve

I just wanted to thank Gregg for opening up his home to the likes of all us. Sorry I had to scoot out early but works comes before play. It was great meeting everyone, I know I will not remember everyones name but hey some days I don't even remember my own. :grin:

Great turnout today, great hospitality from Greg and Sandi, lots of bike work done by old hands and newbs. Oh, and I helped a little, too. I took out the trash.

And note SShreeve's post and his avatar. He's just started a business in the central Texas area, which includes coming to get you (towing) when you break down, coming to your HOUSE to mount your tires, and much more. He tirelessly helped any way he could at Greg's. This is a guy worth knowing, especially if you have a final drive... :eek:

Thanks Greg and Sandi for hosting this! And for everybody who stopped by to give me advice as I worked on my wife's R (yep, she owes me)...

By the way, for those who are interested, we got the bike started after taking the fuel assembly apart yet again and reseating it. 4th time's a charm? The plate is bent, Greg did a bang up job, pun intended, of hammering the plate back into some reasonably flat shape (one edge was bent which was causing it to leak. Seems you can't buy just the plate either according to the BMW microfiche. It's all one big part (a $400 part)... I've got some feelers out to find a used one.

Wayne

Thanks Greg and Sandi!

Food and company all exceptional! :thumbsup:

I want to apologize for the 4 quarts of oil Steve dumped in your garage floor..I'm sure he just forgot to put he oil drain pan under the drain plug opening.. :eek:

Steve,

Glad I could help you with your bike..Anytime you have a problem feel free to holler at me if Greg's out of pocket.. :rofl:

Yes many thanks to Greg and Steve for helping me learn how to change the oil on my K1200GT. It was also nice meeting a lot of wonderful folks yesterday. Very fun & informative day.. thanks again for hosting!

take care...

Allen

The tech day extended into Sunday (today) for about five of us, plus Whip from San Antonio. We went about 350 miles through the beautiful hill country roads with Limecreek leading, despite the fact he is in danger of hitting the 3 Strikes Law for chronic RTF. He and the rest of us were lucky today, there were no RTF certificates presented, and we only saw one live deer. Blackberry Cobbler at The Hilltop Cafe northwest of Fredericksburg topped the day off nicely. GREAT weekend!

Damn, if the weather down there was as perfect as it was up here today I really missed out on that ride! Greg was trying to get me to ride his GT so maybe he would have swapped for the day..?

And I'll add my thanks to Greg and Sandi for hosting, was great meeting you all.

Yes........... a good weekend had by all. The highlights for me were:

1.) Getting to see Jake again.....he came in from Florida for this one and dropped off a couple of Cubans cigars. Thanks Jake.

2.) Getting reacquainted with Polo, he is back into riding and scored himself a killer blue 1150 RT.

3.) Sandi's cooking and hospitality.

4.) Seeing that Buck is well on his way to recovery after a total knee replacement.

5.) Watching lawman fret over air in the break lines and a weak battery. Hell it just fun watching him fret. :rofl:

6.) Riding 350 miles today in the hill country. Not a cloud in the sky and 70 degrees. Mark there were 7 of us, that counting thing, well it helps with correct torque wrench values. :dopeslap:

7.) And finally the good company of friends, great deserts and fun roads.

Thanks again to Greg and Sandy.

Thanks to Greg and Sandi for their hospitality, and to Larry and Louise for theirs. Just over 1,000 miles for the weekend. The weather and company was perfect for the Hill Country ride today.

Pulled in to my driveway at 19:15.

Yeeha! Stephen

1.) Getting to see Jake again.....he came in from Florida for this one and dropped off a couple of Cubans cigars. Thanks Jake.

Brad, Steve & Polo say good-bye to Jake...

4198.jpg.2daee9b88a3b724ae39f5bbbbe4dfc9f.jpg

Yeeha! Stephen

Attracting all different kinds of rides. These aren't props, customers drove these 12 miles outside of town to eat here.

You should come on out next time!

4202.jpg.2495478b5cbdf9993b4274ce2b9150bf.jpg

Yeeha! Stephen

Home safe n sound at about 7:15 pm.

Brad kept me company till about Glen Rose and I saw him peel off to Sonic Hamburgers.

Total miles 788... Not too bad a run for some of Sandi's Chili!

Thanks Greg & Sandi.

Steve is a Baaaaaaaaad man! :(

He MADE me ride his new K-GT.

That thing is Sinful! You need to say 5 Hail Marys when you get home from riding that thing.

What a Beautiful day for the middle of January.

You guys missed out...

Thanks Greg and Sandi and Whip and Louise. Awesome weekend.

I did peel off in Glen Rose, but not for hamburgers. Needed to throw on the Gerbings cause I was getting cold!

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Greg (Limecreek's) successful Tech Day!

img0711nh1.jpg

Greg, Seth, and Herman discussing US monetary policy and the fine art of throttle body synchronization.

img0715gc6.jpg

Billy installing a new flux capacitor in his RT.

img0713ph2.jpg

Herman said it worked well in the Delorean, so it should work fine in a red RT.

img0712dm7.jpg

Ed, in a hypnotic Tech Day euphoria.

img0714ow4.jpg

Thanks Greg and Sandi for your hospitality and for an excellent Tech Day.

I echo the thanks to Greg and Sandi for hosting. It was a good turn out and I had a great time despite my lack of mobility.

th_2008143.jpg

th_2008144.jpg

Looking forward to riding with all the new folks that I met. Another 6 weeks to riding again. Got several offers from co-workers to keep the battery charged on my R12RT.

Keep the rubber side down. Buckster

Yeeha! Stephen
I did peel off in Glen Rose, but not for hamburgers. Needed to throw on the Gerbings cause I was getting cold!

I was too, but my Get-Home-itis doesn't allow me to stop when I start "Smellin' the Barn"!

Twas a great afternoon to ride home wasn't it?! The clear sky and the look of the land as the long rays of light from a setting sun, surely made for a wonderful, scenic ride home. South West Texas is a great place to ride. Yeeha!

Thank you all for coming. Sandi and really enjoy putting on the Tech events and this one was extra special.

The boys and the toys....hey, where did that tripple come from?

108304149.jpg

Brad, Mark, Polo, Seth, and Jake

108304160.jpg

Steve didn't know Jake was going to show...it was a nice treat to have Jake stop by. Jake and Steve are some of the old original members of our community. Thanks for the cigar Jake. I'll be smoking it today on the back deck.

108304162.jpg

This is Tom with Dave in the background assisting. This was the very first time Tom had worked on his bike and he did an excellent job.

108304177.jpg

It is great to have Polo back with us. He took a couple of years off, but is now back on an RT twin spark. Welcome back amigo!

108304180.jpg

Steve is on the left and the guy on right is Wayne working on his wife's R. Steve thank you for the help and good luck with your business. Wayne worked on that R for what......6-7 hours? The missus owes you big!

108304184.jpg

Billy (Lawman) and I flushing Billy's brake system. I just hope we got all the air out. :wave:

108304192.jpg

Bob usually arrives to our events on his RT. Saturday he arrived with a walker instead. Bob just had a knee replacement and is doing extremely well and should be back on his scooter in a few more weeks.

108304195.jpg

This is Billy blowing bubbles into the brake fluid with his nose.

108304199.jpg

Dave watching Billy and other wrenching.

108304207.jpg

Have you ever seen one bike get so much attention?

108304211.jpg

Sandi says this is her favorite photo of the bunch. My bud Steve a.k.a. snake in the grass.

108304220.jpg

Dinner is served....

108304223.jpg

Let's do it again in August! Hotter N Hell III

Yeeha! Stephen

You "other" folks need to come out next time, even if it's only to hang off Greg's back rail and take in the awesome view of some Texas Hill Country... Just like Allen is here!

108304149.jpg

Or to check out Herman's "dust free" 1200RT, like everyone else!

Oh, how I missed the ribbing, smart a$$ puns and put downs, the "make a mistake and you're toast for a week" feeling.

I showed up for the daze, tools in hand and ready to help anyone who needed it, as I didn't need anything done on my 1150RT, or so I thought; but they all had it well in hand.

Little after noon I saw that my front tire had no thread left; although a week ago I thought I had another 1-1.5K left in it. Leave it to Dunlops to go out like that. So I went home to pick up a "Gallito" (hand me down) that Steve left at my house a couple years ago after a track day, back when we had a tire changer in my garage.

So, with some help from my old buddies Steve and Greg, I changed it and proceeded to install it back, only to remember after the last "click" of the torque wrench, on the last bolt that we did not balance it... :dopeslap: douh!

And thanks Steve for being so sympathetic and consoling me on my front fender falling to the ground and getting all scratched up... :mad:

I went to bed early thinking that I would join the group for a short ride, but... Poncho, my Lahasa Apso (see avatar) woke up with a bad case of the shakes, and didn't want to eat. Since he's diabetic, I couldn't just leave him, and Karla was up late watching TV.

So I missed out, but I presume there'll be more...

Great seeing and meeting you all. :wave:

Yeeha! Stephen
Steve is a Baaaaaaaaad man!

Just let us know what color you order! :thumbsup:

Went up to the BMW shop today and luckily that dark blue 08 GT is gone. Whew!

But they did say that they were expecting their first K1300 GTs next month.

Guess I'll stay out of that place for a while... they do have several 800 GSs on the floor :P

Steve is a Baaaaaaaaad man!

Just let us know what color you order! :thumbsup:

Went up to the BMW shop today and luckily that dark blue 08 GT is gone. Whew!

But they did say that they were expecting their first K1300 GTs next month.

Guess I'll stay out of that place for a while... they do have several 800 GSs on the floor :P

Here you go, Stephen: http://preowned.sandiabmwmotorcycles.com/bikes/view/98

These folks are GREAT to deal with, by the way. I bought my RT from them a couple years ago. I bet you can get it for $15.5.

HTH :grin:

Bob and his knew knee sat in a chair and kept reaching into the pockets of his walker's apron pulling out various things, including a banana, but mainly he was pulling out the makings for neat tethers for our mirrors, which he kindly gave to anyone who wanted one. What a nice guy. Compare that to SWMcKinley's selfish behavior, smoking stinking ceegars, giving us all secondhand cancer.

2.) Getting reacquainted with Polo, he is back into riding and scored himself a killer blue 1150 RT.

3.) Sandi's cooking and hospitality.

4.) Seeing that Buck is well on his way to recovery after a total knee replacement.

5.) Watching lawman fret over air in the break lines and a weak battery. Hell it just fun watching him fret. :rofl:

6.) Riding 350 miles today in the hill country. Not a cloud in the sky and 70 degrees. Mark there were 7 of us, that counting thing, well it helps with correct torque wrench values. :dopeslap:

7.) And finally the good company of friends, great deserts and fun roads.

Thanks again to Greg and Sandy.

Dang, Steve, you're right, there WERE 7 of us. As the condemned murderer said, lying on the gurney, when asked if he had any last words, "My bad."[true story]

To expand on the ride a little, I noticed that each time we stopped and Greg had a coffee, the pace picked way up for the next hour...and he stopped for coffee about every hour, it seemed. The main group vanished into the distance out of Medina towards Leakey, with me riding behind Edd who was either more sensible or felt sorry for me. After gassing (and coffee-ing and Whip chugging an energy pop) up out of Leakey Greg led us up 337, or maybe 336, I can't ever keep them straight, I somehow ended up in front of Edd, while the rest of the group broke most of the State of Texas's speed and passing laws and disappeared again. I cleverly zipped around a pokey vehicle about the time of the disappearance, and left Edd stranded by himself for a minute, just long enough for me to get out of his sight, he no doubt thinking I'd roared off with the rest of them, when in fact I was just ahead of him, proceeding at a pace I like to describe as "stately." Both my palms are bruised today from the total lack of compression damping on my soon-to-be-history ESA shocks. Literally bruised. I think we crossed 237 cattle guards yesterday, not to mention the crappy pavement on some of the roads.

I'm going to need another tech daze in about three weeks, when my new Wilbers arrive, okay Greg? Greg? GREG?

What a nice guy. Compare that to SWMcKinley's selfish behavior, smoking stinking ceegars, giving us all secondhand cancer.

My, my ,my............ you are a dainty little flower aren't you now?

Back home in So Fla in one relatively solid piece. 3,617 miles - I wish all of it were on the back of one of those sleek K-GTs!

It was really great to see the Pie-Town Crew once again - it's been far too long. Also nice to meet the new faces - thankfully they are as dry-humored and cynical as the old guys! Next time I'll stay a while, if you'll have me back.

Yeehaw.

Let's not forget Limecreek's great arsenal of tools. Here's Bill's use of a "power" tool.

Had a great time. Thanks to all.

Herman (oh, yest, it's time to dust my bike :) )

dsc0368sj2.jpg

dsc0369zq0.jpg

I now hear that gray is the fastest color.

I could swear I saw some colored (slow) bikes. I must be dreaming.

dsc0343xw0.jpg

The R1100RT is Glacier Green...but I forgive you. :wave:

Archived