IGNORED

RAM mounts?

waverider

I want to mount an XM radio and a radar detector to my bike (04 1150RT) and I'm interested in the RAM system. I guess I'm just looking for any comments one way or the other on the product and what RAM setup people are using that is working well, as it seems it can be configured a number of ways. Thanks a bunch.

They work great and there is a wide variety of products available. Call the 800 number at www.cyclegadgets.com, tell them your requirements, and they can walk you through the labyrinth of hardware options available. You need a little bit of trial and error as well, but they are good about returns. Good luck. i run my XM radio and my 2610 on ram mounts off a bracket between my handlebars. Autocom is in the glove box, and when I add a two-way I keep it in the tank bag.

Bob, how do you like you autocom? I've recently been looking at the all-in-one bar mounted J&M CB/comm system... just trying to figure out how to mount it(I have another thread on here about that though).

The AutoCom has been just fine for me - does everything I need it to. I have the top of the line one - "Pro" smething-or-other, and I have it wired directly to my battery with the power wires up inder the tupperware. At first I connected everything to it - phone, radio, GPS, intercm - every time I rode - now I just use what I need and have great expandability. I have not tried the J&M unit but have heard good things about it - but I have not needs other than the AutoCom. I have a second AutoCom "Easi-7" which is 9V battery powered and I use it in a tank bag on my sport bikes on longer rides - or my son uses it in his tank bag when we go on longer rides and want bike-to-bike.

Goog luck and ride safe!

Archived