IGNORED

Valentine One and OEM Acessory socket?

RapidDog

I want to plug my V-1 into a OEM accessory plug.

Anyone know if that's possible or if there's a prewired cord available?

I don't know of any pre-wired cords for the V1 into a BMW accessory plug. However, I ran mine off the accessory plug for a long time. All you need is a an cigarette lighter-to-BMW outlet adapter and the V1's plug. The problem is, the V1's plug is huge.

Greg

i just got an adapter for my valentine. just to to your bmw dealer. it costs $24.95. it attaches from your valentine one plug to the adapter to the outlet. works great

DavidEBSmith

Instead of futzing around with adapting the V1 lighter plug to the BMW socket, just make your own cord.

Get the V1 direct-wire power adaptor, part # 20305. $13.

20305.gif

Connect that to a BMW accessory plug, about $10.

61_08_106.jpg

The red wire on the V1 adapter goes to the center connector on the BMW plug, the black wire goes to the outside connector. Pick a good location for the V1 adapter and cut the wire to the length you need to reach the power socket.

This will be much more reliable and compact than having a lighter plug plugged into an adapter cord plugged into a power socket.

My V1 direct-wire power adapter came with T-splices to tap into existing wiring. I tapped into the tail light wire so the V1 turns on & off with the ignition. Took all of 5 seconds to tap in.

Archived