IGNORED

Glove box gap

TracyPrier

Hi all

I notice that on my 2000 1100rt-P that there is a large gap between the top of the glove box and the seal on the lid, thus rendering it pretty useless as a glove box.

Would I be correct in assuming that this has something to do with the fact that on the P model the glove box is used for the second battery?

If I get hold of a glove box inner from a standard rt will it seal against the lid properly?

Thanks

Tracy

Yea Tracy, my ex CHP 2003 RT-P has the same issue. I’m sure it’s because of the 2nd battery. I've just been making sure that I use a waterproof bag for anything I put in there. I don't know if a "normal" liner seals to the lid, but it's definitely taller. My guess it would fit fine, if you could find one. One of these days, I'm going to find some nice flexible plastic (hopefully black) and pop-rivet it onto the existing piece to make a taller wall to prevent water getting in there. I've driven in VERY heavy rain before, and it does get things wet.

Thanks guys

I might try the plastic/pop rivet/silicon sealer approach first and if that isn't satisfactory maybe buy the radio partition do-hickey.

Tracy

Archived