IGNORED

To Hot to Handle

T Dog

I have a 98 R1100RT and have been riding for three years, after a 20 year lay off. The bike seems to run just fine and I have a very good local dealer do the maintenance.

The past few weeks have been warm in Minnesota. Yesterday, when I rode it was in the low 90's. The problem I have is that my feet and legs, but especially my feet, have been getting hot to the point of pain. The worst incident was in fairly heavy traffic and moving at about 40 mph. I feel the heat more if I wear a western style boot instead of a motorcyle riding boot.

The bike is not running hot. It stays between 5 and 6 bars. Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? Does the bike just "feel" hot and I have never noticed it before? Your comments are welcomed.

ShovelStrokeEd

Get some motorcycle specific pants and boots and you won't have the problem. There are reasons for our gear looking like it does, you just found one of them.

Get some motorcycle specific pants and boots and you won't have the problem. There are reasons for our gear looking like it does, you just found one of them.

You got that right. Have been riding in the steamy heat of the Washington, DC area for the past few weeks. At 95+, things get toasty. But the right gear works (Oxtar Jupiter boots, coolmax socks, mesh pants, UnderArmor skivvies, etc.). I get pretty sweaty but no one part is more uncomfortable than the rest.

Archived