IGNORED

Bag Liners for 1200rt

Johnny_B

Hi, Anyone bought bag liners for the 1200rt yet? I've heard a lot about Kathy's liners but can't find a link for the 1200rt. Cee Bailey has some that look OK - like the price. BMW one's look very cool but expensive. Looking for advice from those who have used them before. Here are some links for what I've seen:

1. http://www.ceebaileys.com/bags/bmwbagsel.html#1200rt

2. http://www.sierrabmw.bigstep.com/item.ht...mp;PRID=1527585

I appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

I haven't used any built for the R12RT, but the Katy's bags I had for my R1150RS system bags fit fine, and fill up ~ 2\3 of the available bag space.. You still have some room in the lid.

Craig

Hi John:

I bought the Kathy's bag liners for my 1200RT from Bobs BMW. I ordered them on-line and they were sent directly to my door. They work great and don't totally fill the side cases unless you stuff them completely full. Appear to be of great quality too.

A few weeks later, at the BMWMOA National in Lima, OH I saw the Cee Baileys bag liners for the 1200 RT. These looked just a bit better made than Kathy's and were on sale at the rally for $70/pr.

You will not go wrong with either bag liner, IMHO

Enjoy your RT!

John, Is the BMW product a pair or a single bag? Cee Bailey is clearly a pair of bags.

from the sierrabmw site: "Remember, order two, as you need one for each side. " so it looks like they are 85 per bag.

I bought a set of Kathy's bags from Bob's booth at Lima. They come as a pair for the side cases and I believe the price is $89 for the pair. I also bought the liner for the smaller top case and I believe it was $55.

I think they are more than adequate for the purpose. They fit perfectly, are made of 1000 denier Cordura and would probably even survive being checked through as airline luggage! I haven't looked at other makes because I used Kathy's bags for five years on my former LT and they look good as new. I also thought the prices were fair.

Brian

ClearwaterBMW

Kathy's

that's ALL you need to know

i had them on my RT and have them on my LT

they are the best bang for the buck for bag liners.... period and i've done all the legwork (and roadwork) to figure that out

just buy them and stop trying to find something better

when you fill them.... they fit the cases perfectly

kathy knows what she's doing and they aren't that expensive (relatively speaking)

greg

John, Is the BMW product a pair or a single bag? Cee Bailey is clearly a pair of bags.

----------------------

The BMW bag is only for one. They are twice the price of Cee Bailey.

and would probably even survive being checked through as airline luggage!

The 1150 Kathy's liners I have Have and Do work as checked airline luggage..

I'm about to get a set also. Question: with the small top case, will the liner hold a helmet in addition to other stuff? Or is it one or the other?

Archived