IGNORED

Another Source for Investigative Journalism

David

I watched nervously during the transition at the Wall Street Journal when Murdoch was buying it. In particular, I was sad to see Paul Steiger's departure (as managing editor). There was a small note that said mysteriously that he was starting up another news vehicle.

I kept checking every month until it finally launched, and it's here as ProPublica. There's more about the leaders and their mission here:

http://www.propublica.org/about

What I'm glad for is a largely independent voice expressly aimed at investigative journalism, which takes money and time and is therefore not as prevalent a part of the media. I've been enjoying the articles. Check them out here:

http://www.propublica.org

Thanks for the link. I like what I see so far, particularly:

ProPublica

ProPublica: Steal Our Stories!

by Eric Umansky, ProPublica - December 24, 2008 12:59 pm EST

We’ve already said what we want for the holidays. (Links!) So what can we give you?

Well, our stories. And not just to read.

You can reprint any of our pieces—from the shortest posts to the biggest investigations—for free. You don’t even have to ask our permission.

You just need to credit us, link to us, and don't edit our material or sell it separately. (We're licensed under Creative Commons, which lays out the legal details.)

Nice n Easy Rider
Thanks for the link. I like what I see so far, particularly:

ProPublica

ProPublica: Steal Our Stories!

by Eric Umansky, ProPublica - December 24, 2008 12:59 pm EST

We’ve already said what we want for the holidays. (Links!) So what can we give you?

Well, our stories. And not just to read.

You can reprint any of our pieces—from the shortest posts to the biggest investigations—for free. You don’t even have to ask our permission.

You just need to credit us, link to us, and don't edit our material or sell it separately. (We're licensed under Creative Commons, which lays out the legal details.)

+1 on that!

In the best traditions of American journalism in the public service, we will stimulate positive change. We will uncover unsavory practices in order to stimulate reform. We will do this in an entirely non-partisan and non-ideological manner, adhering to the strictest standards of journalistic impartiality.

Excellent. I'll be reading it.

Archived