IGNORED

Autocom and Schuberth S1

willscarlet

willscarlet

Hi all,

does anyone have any recommendations for fitting the autocom helmet speakers in an S1 helmet? It looks as though i have to remove/unpeel the lining from the cheek pieces as i cant get the speakers to stay in place with tape/adhesive velcro. Has anyone done this at all ?

Many thanks

It's chalenging, but you don't have to cut your liner. try taking a blunt instrument and compressing the foam inner liner, then slide the speakers under the non-removeable liner and evetually, they will stick in place. It's a hit-and-miss process but you can get it to work.

willscarlet

thanks will give that a try i guess i will still need to peel away the liner in order to get the speakers in and then reglue afterwards

rgds

Ian

Basically the S1 cheek pads can be partially removed but just watch out for the retaining strap that prevents it from being fully removed. This link may help as it’s a bit like an Aria http://www.autocom.co.uk/pdf/helmet_fitting_guide.pdf

With the cheek pad/s partially removed you can then carefully peel back the fabric from the cheek pad to allow the speakers to be positioned between fabric and polystyrene.

Make sure the speakers are (oval) horizontal, not vertical and as low and far forward relative to the straps as possible (always start low and work up if require)

The boom and main harness will sit behind the cheek pad between the outer shell (hold in place with good tape etc and replace cheek pad carefully.

Any doubts please contact our helmet fitting expert Paul Barrett at Autocom UK HQ +44(0)1926 431249

Hope this helps

Autocom-UK-Tom

Archived