IGNORED

Victory Fit & Finish

Exploreinman

Cruisers are not the type of bike that I prefer to ride, but I was at a stop light today and a fellow on a Victory pulled up to a stop next to me. I must say that I was extremely impressed with the fit & finish of this bike! The various metal parts & components were beautiful, as was the paint. Cudos to you Victory!

Of all the cruisers out there, I think they are the most intriguing. Although cruiser riding is not my thing, I like the Victory rides and wouldn't hesitate to throw a leg over one if offered.

Calvin  (no socks)

Saw one in traffic the other day..... I'd rather have a stick in my eye. :eek:

Dat is one Ugly mo fo...Gag me...

Rather have a POS rat bike than a industrial designers idea of style.

The early ones were ugly......didn't look finished.

Now Arlen and his son are working with Victory and Polaris isn't tryin to micro manage em so much.

Ahhhh but Calvin, snuggling up to a Victory would surely be better than kissing Fletcher!

I agree they are UUUUgly to me, but it doesn't mean they are not well put together. To each his own I guess.

Was this the model that you saw? This is the anniversary Victory Vision by Arlen Ness. When they opened orders for this model, they sold out the 100 copies in just a few minutes. When I first saw this bike I thought no way, but now it looks OK and is a bike I would like to ride.

072508bottom.jpg

Coming from a Victory Vegas to the KGT was a world of difference. If my knees give up on me in the riding position that the KGT puts me in, I will go back. Great bikes, built well, but alas they are only a cruiser.

David

PS That Vision is one ugly mo-fo

Calvin  (no socks)

The Hammer is ok...... :Cool:

Its that Buck Rogers version, swept bags, illusion of speed one that triggers the gag reflex in me.

No, it wasn't the Vision I saw, although I applaud Victory for thinking out of the box. It was one of their cruisers. While I have no desire to ride with my feet and legs out in front of me, I admire how the bike appears to be put together. Any American company with the willingness to go up against big HD and survive the first ten years deserves a little credit IMO.

I was in at Cherokee Victory in Greer, SC yesterday, just putzing around and saw the Arlen Ness version of the Vision... I have to say, while not my cup of tea, was very impressed with the quality of the bike... fit and finish was superb. Paint was impressive as well, with the custom looking graphics of those special editions. Price was mid 20s for the non-tour version.

I wish Victory all the best in that market, giving the Motor Company a run for it's money with their unique take on the cruiser market. In fact, I like the look of the Victory's a lot better than even the UJM cruisers.

I went to a motorcycle show with a Victory truck was parked out to the side. They had a herd of bikes available for test rides. I rode the Vision and an Alen Ness-modified Hammer. They were OK, but I wouldn't trade my well-used RT for the both of them.

I agree that they seem to be put together well, and the Hammer was very nice-looking. They are a very viable alternative to HD.

Jay

I found that riding the Vision was a peculiar cross between driving a car and riding a bike - but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and gained a new respect for cruisers. One is very low with a comprehensive dashboard in front.

At the end of the ride I said to the dealer that if he could mate the Vision with one of the those , pointing to a Ducati 999 that he had in stock, he would get what I turned up on - a 1200RT.

There are three Victory Hammer owners on my block. They are well put together bikes, I'd much rather have one than an HD if I was to go the cruiser route. Paint and mechanicals are flawless. I just don't like to put my feet out front when I ride.

Like others have said the Victory is not for me. I sat on one in a showroom in Paso Robles, Ca. a year ago and it was BIG. So far I have only seen one or two on the road. It looks like a cruise ship on wheels to me. :grin:

I don't particularly like their style, and would overall prefer a Harley. I don't like the way most of their front fenders are cut either,as they are too skinny along the back of the front tire.

Like others have said the Victory is not for me. I sat on one in a showroom in Paso Robles, Ca. a year ago and it was BIG. So far I have only seen one or two on the road. It looks like a cruise ship on wheels to me. :grin:

There are quite a few around these parts. A friend (that doesn't like the Vision) went to Sturgis this summer and said that he saw a lot of Visions out there.

I really like how they are different and place at least SOME effort into design for handling. The Vision sure is polarizing. I hated it when I first saw it but I'm warming to it these days. Their collaboration with Ness keeps them a bit fresher than the other cruisers I see.

I can't have a cruiser as my only bike but some day I'd like one as a 3rd or 4th bike.

Are Victory owners accepted into the HD family? Or do they get the same cold shoulder as the rest of us? Depending on your point of view, the HOG's are very active and social. If you pick a Vision are you still an outsider?

The early ones were ugly......didn't look finished.

Now Arlen and his son are working with Victory and Polaris isn't tryin to micro manage em so much.

I really liked the early Sport Cruisers. Once they jumped on the custom Harley-wannabe bandwagon, I lost interest.

used_021.jpg

The biggest squawk I have with the appearance of this bike (assuming I abandon my traditionalist inclinations) is the trunk. It is waaay too high, both visually and as a crosswind sail. Were I at the design board, I'd build the trunk down low, half or less of the height now. Yeah, the backrest is provides would be a problem to place, but it could be done.

Pilgrim

I consider that there is no point WHATSOEVER in comparing in Victory Vision with a European luxury touring bike with a sit-up riding position. Its competition is other US and Japanese cruisers and in that regard it is generally a case of form over function.

I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford one, but I would also have to keep my function-over-form RT!

My wife and I ride the Vision whenever we get a chance. When we decide to switch to a giant 2-up bike, we will choose the Vision. We like it much better than the GW or LT. My wife says there is no better pillion seat, and I find it the least carlike of the 3.

Archived