IGNORED

Bullet camera

Steve1962

Well,

I finally got tound to installing the bullet camera , both on the bike and on the helmet .

Here is a shot of the camera on the bike, I chose to put it here as the lead can be tucked out of the way , running along the top of the fairing [ nice little groove for that ] and into the tankbag [ camera inside ].

I have my bullet camera powered off the power socket and manage to keep the leads out of my way whilst riding.

bulletcamera0011ea.jpg

With the camera either on the bike or crash helmet , the picture is good and stable .

I am having a lot of tecnical problems trying to save the footage and copy it to disc , not to mention adding sound[ music ] to it , as well as wondering how you get a link to it so it can be posted on the forum .

I am not tecnically gifted [ dinosaur] !!

I have been using some software from Adaptec , which comes with some kit to connect to the digital video camera so you can transfer the images .

When I come to do this , I can add audio and save it , when played back the sound is there , but when I try to copy to disc it just doesn't seem to work , which is frustrating - I must be doing something wrong .

I'll sort it eventually , but at the moment I have three discs with footage on that I can view on the laptop and pc at home [ but without sound ] .

In the meantime , here are some photos I took whilst out testing the bullet camera .

bulletcamera0027ex.jpg

bulletcamera0058aa.jpg

bulletcamera0080tx.jpg

Steve

That is a great quality picture. Which Bullet camera model did you get?

I'm pretty sure those pix were not taken with the bullet camera. smile.gif

All I did was use velcro hook and loop to fix the camera in position once I had it lined up .

Then [ for piece of mind ] I used silver duct tape [ stands out less in that position ] .

The footage is really quite clear and very stable , and you do get a real sense of speed having it placed where it is , and the recording camera I just place in the tankbag , making sure the leads don't interfere with the way I control [ ha ha ] the bike .

Once I master the editing thing [ including getting the file to a sensible size ] , I will post it on this forum .

I'm just off now to wear my Anorak , as ordered by my wife who thinks I AM SAD !!

The photos are taken with an Olympus digital camera , nothing fancy , just push the button [ not that I profess to knowing how to do much else with cameras ] .

Steve

Archived