IGNORED

Any discounts on highway pegs?

Penforhire

Anyone have a discount source for head-mount hideaway highway pegs like the Sahara/ELF or J-type? I see the same outrageous price at the usual suspects. As I've started doing more 2-up riding I'm more in need of highway pegs than before on longer trips (when I could stretch up onto the rear seat). $349-ish is absurd. Yeah, I know, I ride a newer BMW so I should just suck it up.

I might try the Hawkes' Talon design for a more effective stretch length but I do like the hideaway look of the others for my solo rides.

Anyone have a discount source for head-mount hideaway highway pegs like the Sahara/ELF or J-type? I see the same outrageous price at the usual suspects. As I've started doing more 2-up riding I'm more in need of highway pegs than before on longer trips (when I could stretch up onto the rear seat). $349-ish is absurd. Yeah, I know, I ride a newer BMW so I should just suck it up.

I might try the Hawkes' Talon design for a more effective stretch length but I do like the hideaway look of the others for my solo rides.

Not only are they expensive but they are also disposable if you have a tip over. No, I wouldn't suck it up. I simply wouldn't buy them. I would get an engine guard and then install less expensive pegs on that...

That's what I did and am very happy with it. I have a buddy that has had two of the sahara pegs broken due to high wind tip overs. I wouldn't waist my money.

I had the Sahara pegs and found my boot would slip especially in the wet. I was also scared they would come loose being held on by four small bolts that "pinch" a shoulder on the valve cover. They did look good though. Sold 'em and bought the Talon brackets using the stock pegs which work just fine. I've had to straighten the left one a couple of times but no other problems. Just be careful you don't overtighten the two bolts.

Bill

Archived