IGNORED

Napa Gold Oil Filter

renegade13

I saw that the Napa Gold 1348 oil filter is cross-referenced for a replacement for the R-bikes oil filter. I decided to pick one up since it's so convenient shopping at Napa. I got home, pulled my old filter and noticed that the Napa filter is about 3/4" longer than the BMW filter. Hmmmmm.

Has anyone actually used the Napa Gold filter 1348 in their R-bike?

Thanks.

Paul Mihalka

Even if it fits, I would not like a oil filter sticking that much out of the recess of the sump. Too much chance for damage.

Stan Walker

I know a dumb California rider (used to be from Colorado) that thought he was going out the driveway when instead he rode his RT off a curb at 2 mph. A few scratches in the belly pan plastics, a few more on the sump. If anything had been sticking down (oil filter, oil drain) I would have been in for a long walk.

Just my 2 cents

Stan

Even if it fits, I would not like a oil filter sticking that much out of the recess of the sump. Too much chance for damage.

I just went and measured and it's more like 1/2" difference but it still fits within the recess and does not protrude beyond the engine casing.

I've been using the Napa 1348 and it fits right up inside just like the BMW filter. Your filter may have been put in the wrong box at the store. Sometimes it happens! crazy.gif

Archived