IGNORED

ABS unit removal

twstm

I'm trying to remove the ABS unit from my crashed R1100 RT. Th multi-pin connector came off easily as did the brake lines, but how do I disconnect the wires from the motor on the ABS? Is there a connector wrapped inside the wiring harness that I can't see? I have a Haynes manual, but there is nothing about removing the unit.

Twst, remove the cover from the little electrical box on the motor side of the ABS controller.. At that time the wires can be removed there..

ABS2coverremoval.jpg

Twisty

Mine was hard to figure out too. I used a very small bladed screwdriver to push into the hole shown. Once I pressed the retainer the cover still didn't want to slide. Just keep at it and gently work it loose.

Twst, remove the cover from the little electrical box on the motor side of the ABS controller.. At that time the wires can be removed there..

ABS2coverremoval.jpg

Twisty

Twisty,

Thanks for the excellent diagram. I was thinking they might be terminated in there...I figured I would ask before poking and hoping!

Paul

Twst, yes, they kind of hide it don’t they..

As Jerry mentioned you might have a little problem getting that cover to slide.. I usually use a block of wood & hammer to get it moving as the cover likes to be PIA…

Twisty

Archived