IGNORED

'05 RT side panel mount

DMilan

Hello all,

Still rehabing my TLC need'n flea-bay special '05R1200RT.

Had the side panels off to clean and to allow access for mechanical purposes.

As I went to replace the right side upper panel, the painted ones with the "speaker grills", I noticed the locating pin which should fit into some kind of rubber grommet on the nose piece. My grommets are missing, both sides. Just big holes where the grommets should be. Looks as if there were grommets in place at one time, missing now.

I checked quite thouroughly on the BMW parts fische and can not find the part #, or even an image of the part.

Any help here?

Thanks as always,

DMilan

I'm pretty sure it's part # 46631451277.

But if it was me I'd just head down to the local hardware store and find a grommet that fit. Faster and cheaper.

I'm pretty sure it's part # 46631451277.

But if it was me I'd just head down to the local hardware store and find a grommet that fit. Faster and cheaper.

Ken,

I did go to my local, (small) hardware store this AM. All the grommets had LARGE openings in the middle. Wouldn't be any better than just leaving the existing 7/8" (or whatever it is) hole. I think this is meant to be a snug fit. Sort of a press in.

The 4 screws which hold the panel on are probably more than sufficient. I'm just being my OCD self here.

Anyway,

Where did you come up with the part #? I could not find it on the m-fische (sp?)

Thanks,

David

Archived