IGNORED

Anybody got input re: spark plug cap puller tools?

Bullett

I'm looking at the BMW metal spark plug cap puller versus the Marc Parnes tool. The Parnes tool is much less expensive. Anybody seen both?

Any opinions regarding one is better than the other?

I know the plastic one sucks.

Well, Marc's not asking for a gubment bailout.

Oh, wait. Neither is BMW.

Still, I'd go with Marc. He's "one of us".

PS, Your new sig line is...umm...a bit suggestive, don't you think? :grin:

ummm, "Hey Susie... do we know anyone with a Red BMW?"

Bullett, has something arrived that we need to know about?

Plastic one sucks....what does Ron use?

Well, Marc's not asking for a gubment bailout.

Oh, wait. Neither is BMW.

Still, I'd go with Marc. He's "one of us".

PS, Your new sig line is...umm...a bit suggestive, don't you think? :grin:

Oh, crap, I didn't even notice that. 179.gif

ummm, "Hey Susie... do we know anyone with a Red BMW?"

Bullett, has something arrived that we need to know about?

Plastic one sucks....what does Ron use?

Nah . . .

429851182_CfXEd-M.jpg

Plastic one sucks....

I don't agree on this one. Unless your pulling your plugs on a very frequent basis, the plastic one does the trick.

I don't think people are aware that BMW makes two different plastic plug pullers. The earlier one that was included in the 1100 tool kits was not designed to pull the stick coils. The later version that was designed for the coils works just fine and costs less than $3.

I don't know where you guys are getting your plastic plug coil puller. But I bought two and they are both a piece of crap. To get the tool to even work we had to use a plier to hold it in position or the plastic would give way and come off. Biggest piece of junk I have ever purchased !!

Fortunately we only have to change plugs every 24K miles or I would be buying Marc's...

No problem with the plastic puller...A fully functional tool. Just be sure you slide it on properly, sorta pinch puller at the valve cover between finger and thumb with the left hand and pull with the right index finger. Viola!

I tried the plastic one that came with the BMW tool kit. Absolute junk. (Phil agreed, and it was Phil's toolkit.) But, it did indeed do the trick on the third try. We never tried again though.

I own Marc P's and like it.

I tried the plastic one that came with the BMW tool kit. Absolute junk. (Phil agreed, and it was Phil's toolkit.) But, it did indeed do the trick on the third try. We never tried again though.

Oh, good. Maybe I can just borrow yours instead of getting one for myself, errr, I mean, for Jan for Christmas. :grin:

Oh, good. Maybe I can just borrow yours instead of getting one for myself, errr, I mean, for Jan for Christmas. :grin:

That depends on gas prices. If they stay as they are, it'd be fine. If they go back up, one trip down could pay for the tool itself.

But of course, you're welcome to it any time except those days (maybe 2/year TOPS) when I'm using it. :)

Well, I've used the Parnespuller a couple times now. First time was no problem. Yesterday, doing the 24k service it was HELL getting the right thingie to pull loose...it finally, suddenly let go. The left cylinder thingie was even tougher, and in fact the plastic ridge the Parnespuller grips broke off...twice. I ended up putting some tape around a flathead screwdriver and popped the thingie off.

Mind, there's a REASON my avatar is what it is....

Archived