IGNORED

Ham antenna mount??

decorbin

I did a search on this but got too many hits to sort through. I just traded for another R1200RT and want to mount my 2m/440 antenna. I know someone on the board previously made these and wonder if they still do or if anyone has one they want to part with. I could probably fabricate something myself, but I know it would not be as good. My antenna of choice is a Diamond with NMO mount, but could switch to a UHF connector if necessary to get the mount.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N0DC

I sent you an e-mail. Looks like you have an R1150RT and not sure it would fit the R1200RT. If you can take a picture of it and e-mail it to me, that would help.

Anyone else have additional suggestions/comments would be appreicated.

Click on my siganture below then photo albums then Yaesu FTM-10, I use a Diamond luggage rack mount. It's been on this bike for a few years now. Also there's a schematic to interface an Autocom to the FTM-10, It's very similar to the Echolink or PSK31 form of interface.

BTW: My setup works great, reports I get from repeaters is, I would have never guessed you where on a motorcycle riding down the road at 60mph.

Thanks Dennis. I saw that at one other time...perhaps on the old Yahoo FTM group. I was looking for something that looks a bit more stock and have the dealer getting the info on the RTP mounts.

I have an FTM-10R mounted on my RR bike which is up north and interfaced to the autocomm. Iv'e gotten good reports on mine as well, and when I am up in the mountains where we spend the summers, the amateur radio is crucial because you often have no cell coverage at all.

I thought about an RTP as well, but prefer the look/bags of the RT. I've had several in the past.

I know someone on the board made mounts some time back, but not sure he ever fabricated one for the R1200RT.

Thanks for the comments.

Dan, N0DC

Dan,

Toolman is who you are searching for. He hasn't been on the board for a while, I'm not sure he's checking PMs. I have his email at the office. I'll get you a PM tomorrow.

The mounts he had made up are for the 1150. I'm not sure if they'll work right on the 1200. I have one and could take some measurements if you like.

Darrell, I think that is the one I remember. If it wouldn't be too much trouble, would appreciate the measurements. I've made mounts before, and they look like an old retired accountant with shaky hands made them. Oh, I guess that's me! I prefer to have something that looks like it belongs on the bike.

Thanks again.

Archived