IGNORED

Oil Filter Question

RichEdwards

RichEdwards

I have a buddy who wants to learn how to change his own oil. Does his bike (R1200C) take the same filter as my R1150RT? confused.gif

By the way, I found a source for Bosch oil filters for the R1150RT for less than $7.00 each: web page

Paul Mihalka

All "oilheads": R1100/R1150/R1200 bikes, and all K bikes except the latest K1200S or K1200R, take the same oil filter. Many non-BMW versions are available. Anything that fits a Dodge Neon (or older SAABs), will fit these bikes. Only warning: Don't put in a K bike a filter that is painted. The filter sits inside the oilpan in the engine oil, and with heat the paint might come off.

steve.foote
All "oilheads": R1100/R1150/R1200 bikes, and all K bikes except the latest K1200S or K1200R, take the same oil filter. Many non-BMW versions are available. Anything that fits a Dodge Neon (or older SAABs), will fit these bikes. Only warning: Don't put in a K bike a filter that is painted. The filter sits inside the oilpan in the engine oil, and with heat the paint might come off.

Paul, the R1200's use a different filter than the R11xx's.

[edit]Let me clarify that a bit. The R1200C's use the same filter as the R11xx's, but the new R1200ST/RT/GS use a different filter.[/edit]

Paul Mihalka
Paul, the R1200's use a different filter than the R11xx's.

[edit]Let me clarify that a bit. The R1200C's use the same filter as the R11xx's, but the new R1200ST/RT/GS use a different filter.[/edit]

Well, I did say "oilheads" which for me includes R1200C but not "hexheads". But you are right, I could have made it clearer to avoid confusion dopeslap.gif

Archived