IGNORED

ESA gone belly up.

Isettanut

Picked my bike up 7 15 05, now shows 2600 miles. First problem so far. ESA shows two helments and wont change. frown.gif Any one else with similar failures. Leon

Mine didn't show anything for the ESA....Result...Switch on handlebars was bad...A new one came in two days....Works fine now..

Look at the bright side, at least you're ready to ride two up all the time...

Just kidding, I recall seeing a few posts about problems with the new brakes, you can probly find then by doing a search at the main index.

You mentioned brakes in your post. I ran my usual wednesday route yesterday and checked out a bumpy section on hwy. 94 as I sometimes brake a little too hard as I stop at hwy. 19 near Herman,Mo. My 02RT was a little scarry as the anti-lock jerked on then off several times. My 04 was somewhat less prone to knot up my shorts. The 05 was much smoother in this section. I gotta say one more time it is a much improved machine. Thank's - Leon (While it worked the ESA was nice)

I tried to get my RT without an engine in case it went wrong but the discount wasn't big enough. Still its fun while its working. wink.gif

Paul

Exactly why I got my K1200R with-out ESA.

-----------------

I love my ESA. Use it all the time. Lots of foothills in northern CA. Go from comfort to normal to sport quite a bit. With a 3 year 36K mile warranty I'm not too worried about problems. I'm sure they'll have them worked out by the time I hit 36K (long before 3 years).

Archived