IGNORED

Windshields

Urban Surfer

Urban Surfer

Who makes the best windshield for the 1150 RT? Ceebailey, or Aeroflow? I need a new one but which one eliminates confused.gifturbulance the best, but doesn't block your view?

I have tried both. First, I had two Cee Baileys and had to send both of them back because they didn't fit properly (holes drilled too far apart). After going round and round with Cee Bailey's production manager, I gave up on Cee Bailey and decided to try the more expensive (but IMHO better quality) AeroFlow. It fits perfectly in the mounting brackets. I'm happy with it. smile.gif

Les is more

I really like my Cee Bailey's Euro Cut shield. The quality is first rate, the air is clean at all settings and the euro cut allows view over the shield. I think you can see in this picture the difference in the top edge of the shield between the non euro ( Jamie's black bike) and the euro on my silver bike. Here's a discussion that may be helpful to you.

3538645-M.jpg

I have to go with the Aeroflow,i`m not very tall (5`11)and i have no trouble looking over the screen,it has taken all the turbulence away from my head and shoulders.Well made and fitted perfectly,it gets my vote thumbsup.gif

Regards Del

Mama Hoon is on the mark as she speakes of the euro cut Cee Bailey. I am 5-10 the 2 over # 2 euro light grey tint 0n an 04 RT was as good as it gets for myself. The euro cut helps as you crest a hill. I usually judge a shield buy my abillity to open the face shield on an ARIA at any position at most any speed. This shield works. Try this on the stock BMW windshield. Leon

I've got both the Aeroflow and the C Bailey +2" Eurocut. I am 5'8", Aria helmet. I am short, so I think both of them are bigger than they would need to be for me, but they are both quite effective. I tend to ride with either of them just a bit above the lowest setting.

IMHO, the Aeroflow works best at air management. I think it gives nice flow when down and silent air when all the way up, but it is too thin and flimsy. At HWY speeds it it really moving around, and I found it very distracting if I have it high enough that I am looking through it. I also have two cracks in it where it flexes around the bolt holes. Also, I feel the big shield tends to act like a sail and push the bike around a bit at speed.

The C Bailey is also really good at air managment, and has better quality plastic. Thick, solid, clear plastic. Definitely less optical distortion than the Aeroflow. At full height the ride becomes almost creepy quiet. I currently have it on the bike, so I guess that means I prefer it (today anyway. smile.gif )

I have never tried it, but C. Bailey also makes an Aeroflow style shield which may be the perfect combination of shape and thickness. I really like the flared bottom part of the aeroflow, as I think allowing more air under the shield improves laminar air flow. I'm guessing that if I could have an aeroflow shape, slightly smaller than aeroflow, with C Bailey plastic it would be the perfect shield for me.

Either one is a big improvement over the stock shield.

Good luck!

Give the nice folks at Cee Bailey a call, tell them what your ride, how tall you are and they will advise you what is the best remedy for your situation. I'm 6'2" on a '00 RT. They sent a +6 lt. grey with euro cut. I thought them nuts but after about a week I learned that this screen is exactly what I needed. I adjust depending on the speed and couldn't be happier.

Archived